• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Conan #1

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

After continuing to show my inexperience with this forum by posting way too long of a thread last week with 5 of my Conan's, I'm hoping to just get the first issue graded today. After a little bit of investigation I've come to realize I'm not to good at self-grading so any help you could provide would be appreciated. If you could also include a brief summary or even a few words of why you gave the grade you did so that I could learn from your grading skills it would definitely be an added bonus from me. Thanks! (thumbs u

Conan #1

Conan1Front_zps6a55db4a.jpg

Conan1Back_zps1a7c0169.jpg

I would grade it around a FVF, mostly because of the wear at the top (upper right corner, and creases), added to the minor wear and what appears to be a thumb crease (with a small tear) on the right side, and possibly a small dent in the bottom left corner (noticeable in the back cover scan).

Without the upper wear I would have graded it in the VF range, possibly a bit better, taking into account just the few spine ticks, which appear to be pretty mild.

I am no expert either, so let’s hear what others have to say… :)

I would grade it around a FVF, mostly because of the wear at the top (upper right corner, and creases), added to the minor wear and what appears to be a thumb crease (with a small tear) on the right side, and possibly a small dent in the bottom left corner (noticeable in the back cover scan).

Without the upper wear I would have graded it in the VF range, possibly a bit better, taking into account just the few spine ticks, which appear to be pretty mild.

I am no expert either, so let’s hear what others have to say… :)

I'm at a 7.0 also (thumbs u