• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Popeye Comic 1934 and Fantastic Four 48

3 posts in this topic

http://s835.photobucket.com/user/jacobdaniel1982/library/Comics?sort=3&page=1

I have put the link to my pictures for both comics. I was just trying to get an estimated grade. Found these two in a box in the basement cleaning my relatives house. I am sorry I don't have a scanner so I took multiple pictures of each trying to show the wear on both of them. I was just curious what you guys thought and if either of the two are worth getting graded or just keep as they are for now. I do not have a very good knowledge about the grading standards just basically a novice at best. Any thoughts and opinions are more than welcome.

The fantastic four front cover staple on the bottom has come loose I am sure that will hurt the grade big time.

The Popeye is from 1934 and while it has creases I think it is the better of the two especially for the age.

Again sorry for just linking to my page I couldn't get the scan but I have always wondered about these two and if they are worth getting graded.

Thanks for the time.

Jacob

yes yes yes get these graded....the FF one always has buyers at any grade....for chrissakes it's galactus!!! :-D

The Popeye is beautiful....if I collected Popeye, I would want that book. In fact I kinda want that book and I don't collect Popeye...

Grades are tough the FF presents nicely. Probably 3 is your high...

Popeye I'd go as high as 5.0

Of course pictures are hard to tell....just my guesses...welcome to the boards BTW. SO cool your first post is in this forum!

Appreciate your help. Found around 200 silver age comics and they were just handed over to me,figure I could start collecting now.

Does anyone know since the Popeye is oversized if cgc can even grade it ? I was thinking its too big which would be a bummer since I think even in fair shape has a decent value to it.