• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Spotlight #5

13 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm hoping to get some accurate grades on a few of my marvel spotlights, but Ill just throw up #5 for now. If you could also include a brief summary of why you gave the grade you did so that I could learn from your grading skills it would definitely be appreciated. Thanks! (thumbs u

Marvel Spotlight #5

MarvelSpotlight5Front_zps7a0ef14f.jpg

MarvelSpotlight5Back_zpsdf520d79.jpg

First off there are too many colour breaking spine ticks to count, you have blunted corners at the top and bottom of the spine, a colour breaking corner crease at the LRHC of the front cover, impact damage with colour breaks on all of the outer edges of this book as well as some colour breaking scratches on the cover - one near the 'G' in Ghost and one across Ghost Rider's right ankle.

I'm thinking along the lines of 5.0 to 5.5 :eek:

6.5/7 more likely. You all ignore the nice back cover. The front has minor sized spine creases that disappear when its in hand as scans magnify. The front matches a book in fine/fine+

:D you make it sound like we should all display the backs of our books! Who's gonna do that??? But yes the back of the book is nice! ;)

5.5? Really? 5.5? :roflmao:

I'm on record for all of the 5.5 dudes here, I will buy EVERY semi-key or key book you have that looks like this at full 5.5 market value.

Will you be buying the books or just the scans?????????:roflmao:

I'm on record for all of the 5.5 dudes here, I will buy EVERY semi-key or key book you have that looks like this at full 5.5 market value.

I'll buy the books. You have any keys that look that nice that you'd like to sell me at 5.0/5.5 market value?

If this is a 6.5, how do you see that MS5 as 5.0/5.5?

jim83_zpsaf79b1c2.jpg

I'll buy the books. You have any keys that look that nice that you'd like to sell me at 5.0/5.5 market value?

jim83_zpsaf79b1c2.jpg

To be fair,that JIM 83 looks nicer than the MS 5.My guess 6.0 on the Rider.

jim83_zpsaf79b1c2.jpg

To be fair,that JIM 83 looks nicer than the MS 5.My guess 6.0 on the Rider.

No, it doesn't. Similar level of spine stress, just not as obvious because it's not a black cover. Much bigger creases and more of them on the lower right and a chip out of the top of spine as well as some foxing. Corners are rounded as well. Back cover didn't look any better than the MS 5 either.

Wish I could agree with you - but I don't! I agree with the oakman! I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions. And I guess that's why the real grading is left to the people who actually get to handle the book physically! ;)