• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TMNT 1

36 posts in this topic

Well I'm feeling a combination of happiness and disappointment after taking a look at the "sketch". Turns out there's no sketch, but there's a double signature with Eastman and Laird. I'd feel bad slabbing a book with a Laird sig

8e7a63b5-b9b2-4e5c-9098-246fdd8025e9_zpsda11a43f.jpg

Yup. It has the ad, and is signed and sketched on the inside cover.

It's a beauty for sure. (worship)

I appreciate it. Do you think it's worth subbing to CGC? Might a press do any good despite the color breaking creases?

Absofreekinlootly (thumbs u

And don't press a thing. (tsk)

I appreciate it. Do you think it's worth subbing to CGC? Might a press do any good despite the color breaking creases?

What's wrong with pressing it?

What's wrong with pressing it?

What's the point? It's a black cover,and any spine ticks that have broken color will still be there? Plus from the pics you've shown looks like this book will get a 9.0/9.2 anyway.

I'm just not a fan of the almighty press job.

I just thought that if some ticks might be taken off, then that might increase my chances of getting a higher grade (shrug) When the price difference between high end grades is so high, I figured it would be worth the expense for an increased chance at a higher grade. I definitely wouldn't want to harm the book in any way for a higher CGC number though if it might do that.

I just thought that if some ticks might be taken off, then that might increase my chances of getting a higher grade (shrug) When the price difference between high end grades is so high, I figured it would be worth the expense for an increased chance at a higher grade. I definitely wouldn't want to harm the book in any way for a higher CGC number though if it might do that.

9.2 is huge for a TMNT #1,most are 6.0-8.0.Are you planning on selling this book?

Hey Oak does this get submitted as comics or magazines? I thought about pressing mine but Oak is right if the ticks already are breaking color it's just better to leave alone. I'm going to submit mine as is and if I want can always press later.

I also have a Love and Rockets #1 (Black/White) and was going to submit both but wasn't sure what category they went in Magazines or Comics?

9.2 is huge for a TMNT #1,most are 6.0-8.0.Are you planning on selling this book?

Not sure yet. I'm getting a few pm offers that I am happy to entertain, but I would honestly rather sell one of my other copies because I would rather have a higher grade copy of a book with such huge potential. I would definitely sell for the right price though

Hey Oak does this get submitted as comics or magazines? I thought about pressing mine but Oak is right if the ticks already are breaking color it's just better to leave alone. I'm going to submit mine as is and if I want can always press later.

I also have a Love and Rockets #1 and was going to submit both but wasn't sure what category they went in Magazines or Comics?

(shrug)