• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found: Batman Adventures 12 3d print Canadian Newstand Mark Jeweler's Variant

18 posts in this topic

I was gonnah put 'Whitman" in there, but that would kind of mess up the newstand aspect of it...

with that said, are there newstand versions of the 2d and 3d print of hulk 377????

i think there is a newstand of BA 12...just not a canadian only newstand version that i am aware of

I have a newsstand BA 12 at CGC right now. I expect it will grade about 9.4. Crossing my fingers for 9.6

The only thing that would make your find more rare would be if it was a Chromium cover! lol

with that said, are there newstand versions of the 2d and 3d print of hulk 377????

When it comes to Marvels in the 80s and 90s, there's no such thing as a newsstand 2nd (or later) printing. (With the sole exception of SPIDER-MAN #1 UPC Gold.)

When it comes to Marvels in the 80s and 90s, there's no such thing as a newsstand 2nd (or later) printing. (With the sole exception of SPIDER-MAN #1 UPC Gold.)

Superman #75 (Death of Superman) has a third print newsstand

Superman #75 (Death of Superman) has a third print newsstand

This might make your head hurt: There are several examples of DC Comic Books that had more than one newsstand version. For example, Superman #75 has both direct sales and newsstand versions of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th printings. I've got them all and they can be viewed on the following post.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6969282&fpart=1

There are actually 3 newsstand versions of Batman 457. In my opinion, the toughest newsstand variant of all to find is the 2nd printing of Batman 457. The following post includes a description and a link to a video showing all the variants of 457.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3158493&fpart=2

Batman #686, Superman (1987) series #100 and #205, and Superman Man of Steel #100 all had two different versions of the newsstand version. They can be seen on this posting:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7140524&fpart=1

For DC's new 52, the only extra printings in newsstand version that I'm aware of exist for Justice League #1. Both the third and fourth printings exist in direct sales and newsstand versions. I have them all, so I know they exist.

:whistle:

146511.jpg.c93fa09d5f3c1006602d556b2b952801.jpg

How is a 2nd print UXM 270 with the wrong cover and a CGC label error relevant?

How is a 2nd print UXM 270 with the wrong cover and a CGC label error relevant?

:gossip: Newsstand.

That comic is a 2nd print UXM 270 that mistakenly had a UXM 272 newsstand cover attached to it.

Since it has the wrong cover, you can't tell if it is a newsstand version or direct version from the cover. But because it's a 2nd print, you can tell that it is a direct version.

For example, Superman #75 has both direct sales and newsstand versions of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th printings. I've got them all and they can be viewed on the following post.

We've discussed this before, but I'm not willing to call the #75 2nd print "newsstand" an actual printing, because it's just the Direct copy with a UPC sticker stuck over it.

Unless it's actually printed, like the 3rd and 4th newsstands, it's not really a variant.

That comic is a 2nd print UXM 270 that mistakenly had a UXM 272 newsstand cover attached to it.

Since it has the wrong cover, you can't tell if it is a newsstand version or direct version from the cover. But because it's a 2nd print, you can tell that it is a direct version.

The real beauty of this book is that we know for sure when the 2nd printing of #270 actually took place...at the same time that #272 was printed (which, of course, makes sense.)

I was gonnah put 'Whitman" in there, but that would kind of mess up the newstand aspect of it...

i think there is a newstand of BA 12...just not a canadian only newstand version that i am aware of

Bedrock had a CGC 9.6 BA 12 newsstand on their website a few weeks ago for around $450. I thought about buying it but didn't. A few days later it was gone.

For example, Superman #75 has both direct sales and newsstand versions of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th printings. I've got them all and they can be viewed on the following post.

We've discussed this before, but I'm not willing to call the #75 2nd print "newsstand" an actual printing, because it's just the Direct copy with a UPC sticker stuck over it.

Unless it's actually printed, like the 3rd and 4th newsstands, it's not really a variant.

Your reasoning on the Superman 75 2nd printing newsstand version makes sense to me. Let's just say it is a direct sales version and someone put a newsstand sticker on some copies so they could put the 2nd printing on the newsstand.

For the new 52 DC's, the only variants in newsstand that I'm aware of are associated with the outrageously popular Justice League #1. The 3rd and 4th printings were put out in direct sales and newsstand versions. If anyone is interested in seeing a photo, just let me know and I will post them.

regards

Kirk