• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrisco's Orig. Art Collection

94 posts in this topic

I posted this as one of my favorite buys of the summer. The actual cover looks like doo-doo, but I thought the original was pretty nice.....

Pat Broderick, Doom 2099 #21 Cover:

doom21.jpg

Great art Chrisco! thumbsup2.gif

I think I'll start a thread.... great art I almost bought, but got outbid on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks! I think we could all start a thread like that one that would crush my collection. tongue.gif

Nice art. Risso reminds me of Moebius with Frank Miller's heavy use of dark shadows for contrast. laugh.gif

He is my favorite. His inks are amazing. So consistent. His Batman is very "Miller-esque".

Chris, you know I love em! yay.gifthumbsup2.gif

Have you considered creating a gallery on comicartfans.com ? I think that this is the best site hands down for individual collectors to showcase their work. I am slowly migrating some stuff over there . . .

It's neat though - basically unlimited space and unlimited galleries!

Very cool,

DAM

Chrom - don't be so modest, post your X-Men 145 recreation with Doom!!!

thumbsup2.gif

sorry.gif finances forced me to sell it last year...

But I still have my Buscema Doom-Superman-Spider-man page acclaim.gif

buscema.jpg

Transmet 32, Planetary 12, and the death of miracleman Wanted page are my favorites.

That page from Planetary would be SOOOO much cooler with the dialogue as it's in the middle of a pretty big scene. That's one of my favorite things about Transmet art, Ellis' dialogue comes along with it.

chrome did they slice out the Doom glove problems in the panels or is it merely circled?

It's merely circled.....

That's one of the things I love about this page, the little piece of dialogue the artist wrote down in the margin....

Today they would probably just email each other, but back then they just wrote instructions to each other in the borders thumbsup2.gif

Could you tell me some tips for taking good photos of framed art under glass?

I've had some good luck taking pictures from a 30 to 45 degree angle. That might help.

Chrom - sorry to hear about the cover recreation but that's a sweet doom page!

DAM

Hari - to answer your question, here is the only "old" piece I own. It's only from the Bronze Age....Great Doom in Latveria!

Herb Trimpe, Super Villain Team-Up #5:

svtu5.jpg

Ohh....I like this one. If you ever think about selling...let me know!

Jim

Great art Chrisco! thumbsup2.gif

I think I'll start a thread.... great art I almost bought, but got outbid on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks! I think we could all start a thread like that one that would crush my collection. tongue.gif

Here is one of my favorite pieces I did buy...

Ultimate X-men 12 team splash

617918-UltimateXmen12pg3_teamSplash.jpg

617918-UltimateXmen12pg3_teamSplash.jpg.5cee0c109d276d70cebf0d0dfebffb0f.jpg