• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrisco's Orig. Art Collection

94 posts in this topic

How great would it be to have an original Watchmen/Rorscharch page

Oh...you're so funny! smirk.gif

When I come to Belgium, if I see that Swamp Thing page, there will be Hell to Pay!!!!! Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Oh you'll see it before then..I'm having it shipped to you first per my usual... thumbsup2.gif

Andy had the booth next to me at MegaCon 2003. He is a really nice guy -- did several paintings for me and my friends. I really like his stuff but unfortunately it doens't get much play. In fact yesterday a bunch of his stuff passed on eBay with an opening bid of $25.

I`m blown away by your collection,Chrisco.I`ve always wanted to pick up some original art but never thought I could afford it.That and the $$ of having it archivally framed have kind of kept me from looking into it.

Ok,this is the part where you tell me that even a shmoe like moi can afford to break into the art thing.Can you get anything half way decent for $100.00 (and under 27_laughing.gif range)?? Where do you buy your framing supplies/have framed at/from?

What are some reputable online sources for art?The only one I know of is Romitaman.com.Anyways,you have some KILLER pieces,sir! Sorry for the length of this post but I thought it better to get all my questions out in this thread than opening another.

OSM

(I particularly like the Batman pgs! ) thumbsup2.gif

Some more cool Doom stuff.....

Salvador LaRoca, Fantastic Four #27:

ff27.jpg

For a second there I thought this was Gwen Stacy getting it on with Dr. Doom. After Norman she began her descent into the world of fornicating with older men. 893whatthe.gif

Some more cool Doom stuff.....

Salvador LaRoca, Fantastic Four #27:

ff27.jpg

For a second there I thought this was Gwen Stacy getting it on with Dr. Doom. After Norman she began her descent into the world of fornicating with older men. 893whatthe.gif

I've never read this particular story, but what people have told me is that "Doom" is acutally Reed in this story. That he and Doom swapped bodies (Doom sure does that alot). I can neither confirm or deny the actual deal. confused-smiley-013.gif

I`m blown away by your collection,Chrisco.I`ve always wanted to pick up some original art but never thought I could afford it.That and the $$ of having it archivally framed have kind of kept me from looking into it.

Ok,this is the part where you tell me that even a shmoe like moi can afford to break into the art thing.Can you get anything half way decent for $100.00 (and under 27_laughing.gif range)?? Where do you buy your framing supplies/have framed at/from?

What are some reputable online sources for art?The only one I know of is Romitaman.com.Anyways,you have some KILLER pieces,sir! Sorry for the length of this post but I thought it better to get all my questions out in this thread than opening another.

OSM

(I particularly like the Batman pgs! ) thumbsup2.gif

Thanks OSM! It's really not as expensive as you might think when you're collecting modern stuff like I do. If you're a big time collector, like Hari, then you're talking about big $$$.

My most expensive piece didn't even cost me $500. And most have been in the $100-250 range. There are some cool pages out there 'on the cheap'. My USM page (which I thought was a great action pose) was only $100. The 3 Larocca Doom pages were all under $100/each.

I just use portfolios (you can pick one up at any art store) to hold my pieces. I had entertained the idea of having them framed, but it's just too cost prohibitive (for UV glass, museum mount, framing you are looking at about $200+ per piece. Just not worth it to me).

Here are a few places to check out for original art:

RedSector Art

Spencer Beck

Anthony Snyder

Albert Moy

The Batman pages are some of my favorites too. Naturally, they are the two pieces that I paid the most for, followed by the Wanted #1 page. Good luck! It's lots of fun! smile.gif

Those Risso pages are great. When did you get them signed?

Thanks! They are my favorites! cloud9.gif

I had them signed at the best convention ever! The Dynamic Forces Fan Fest back in April. There were only a few dealers set up, but the show had just an amazing guest list! Eduardo Risso, Brian Azzarello, Mark Millar, JG Jones, Jim Starlin, Howard Chaykin.....

Dam60 notified me just days before the event. There weren't too many announcements. It was jsut the best as Eduardo Risso very rarely comes to the US. Dam knew I was a big fan and he PM'd me. I made the 4 hour drive to New Jersey that morning, sacrificing watching the NFL Draft that day. It was worth it! thumbsup2.gif

I've been buying the Risso pages for about two years now. They've all been right around $200 each. The Batman page was higher. Right now, Eduardo is working on a commission for me that I hope to have by the end of the year. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Those Risso pages are great. When did you get them signed?

Thanks! They are my favorites! cloud9.gif

I had them signed at the best convention ever! The Dynamic Forces Fan Fest back in April. There were only a few dealers set up, but the show had just an amazing guest list! Eduardo Risso, Brian Azzarello, Mark Millar, JG Jones, Jim Starlin, Howard Chaykin.....

Dam60 notified me just days before the event. There weren't too many announcements. It was jsut the best as Eduardo Risso very rarely comes to the US. Dam knew I was a big fan and he PM'd me. I made the 4 hour drive to New Jersey that morning, sacrificing watching the NFL Draft that day. It was worth it! thumbsup2.gif

I've been buying the Risso pages for about two years now. They've all been right around $200 each. The Batman page was higher. Right now, Eduardo is working on a commission for me that I hope to have by the end of the year. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That's a great story. Glad you could meet him.

How did you get a comissioned piece of art? Just ask and pay? Was it that simple? Can you give us a hint as to what he's drawing?

How did you get a comissioned piece of art? Just ask and pay? Was it that simple? Can you give us a hint as to what he's drawing?

I asked his agent, Enrico Salvini thru his website, Red Sector Art when I first started buying pages. I've been on a wait list for 2 years, and my turn came up.

I'm having him draw a "100 Bullets" piece w/ Agent Graves, Dizzy, Megan, and Echo.

I'll definitely post it once I get it.

Since others are posting their art in this thread, I'll give it a shot. He is a link to my gallery on comicartfans.com.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=3005

Some beautiful pieces on your site. Nice Conan's, but I especally like the Spider-Man vs. Wolverine art pages. Very nice. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! I'm getting to be a big Kelley Jones Batman fan. I love the way he does Bats in the shadows with the big pointy ears.