• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrisco's Orig. Art Collection

94 posts in this topic

Transmet 32, Planetary 12, and the death of miracleman Wanted page are my favorites.

That page from Planetary would be SOOOO much cooler with the dialogue as it's in the middle of a pretty big scene. That's one of my favorite things about Transmet art, Ellis' dialogue comes along with it.

Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about todays art. Alot of it is just the art. I love the dialogue on pages. The dialogue is why I bought the Hellblazer page that I did, and same w/ a few of the Bullets pages.

Bonds - I'll be posting up convention sketches and a few more pages this week. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about todays art. Alot of it is just the art. I love the dialogue on pages. The dialogue is why I bought the Hellblazer page that I did, and same w/ a few of the Bullets pages.

I hear that a lot of the modern art doesn't have word balloons anymore so that it is easier to get different languages on the page for international distribution . . .

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hear that a lot of the modern art doesn't have word balloons anymore so that it is easier to get different languages on the page for international distribution . . .

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That certainly makes sense.

Also, to answer your previous question Dave, I haven't loaded my stuff on comicart yet. I haven't been there for awhile and would probably have to re-register. Then, I'd have to figure out how to upload my pics (daunting task for someone with my computer knowledge....I'm just lucky it's so easy to post here blush.gif).

What can you all tell me about this?

Its a photo of the page, 18x20, on heavy paper of some sort.

I got some scans somewhere, just got to find them

its a large file

pic

found the rest

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

If that's for real, that would be the "Mother of All Sketches". Congrats!!!!! hail.gif

I have been searching off and on for about 3 years now for information on this artwork

I acquired it while visiting my parents in Las Vegas.

My parents lived/worked at a self storage facility there. It was

with some items in a self storage unit that was left/tossed by the renter.

It measures 18" across and 22" tall, it was rolled in a tube. The

paper is brittle and discolored as in the photo. It is stored flat now. It is a pencil

drawing, maybe charcoal of a sorts. It looks to be an original piece of work, the paper is not the blue line stuff sold today. the paper is relativity thick by today's standards. It looks like a piece of canvas to me and it looks like the orange "tint?"

was added after the drawing was done. Maybe to protect the pencils?

There is a untinted area around the sketch, like a border of sorts,

about an inch and a half wide. You can see part of it in the pictures.

In Wizard #135, on page 86, at the bottom there is a picture of a piece of art work depecting the origin of Batman.(same one I have).

Any help would be appreciated.

Hopefully, Hari (heartened) checks this thread out again. He's our 'art expert', and may be able to point you in the right direction to get the piece authenticated.

Did you ever try and find out who owned the storage facility befor your parents? How would they have acquired such a piece? Did Bob Kane ever live in Vegas? etc.....

Mitch currently is working on the book, Phantom Jack (Image). I bought this one before I got my Planetary page. Bought it b/c the girl reminded me of Jakita.

Mitchell Breitweiser, Phantom Jack #4:

phantom4.jpg

I have been searching off and on for about 3 years now for information on this artwork

I acquired it while visiting my parents in Las Vegas.

My parents lived/worked at a self storage facility there. It was

with some items in a self storage unit that was left/tossed by the renter.

It measures 18" across and 22" tall, it was rolled in a tube. The

paper is brittle and discolored as in the photo. It is stored flat now. It is a pencil

drawing, maybe charcoal of a sorts. It looks to be an original piece of work, the paper is not the blue line stuff sold today. the paper is relativity thick by today's standards. It looks like a piece of canvas to me and it looks like the orange "tint?"

was added after the drawing was done. Maybe to protect the pencils?

There is a untinted area around the sketch, like a border of sorts,

about an inch and a half wide. You can see part of it in the pictures.

In Wizard #135, on page 86, at the bottom there is a picture of a piece of art work depecting the origin of Batman.(same one I have).

Do you sell Action #1's on ebay as well??????????? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK.....Here are some Convention Sketches by Andy Lee. For those of you that have been to some of the larger cons, you've definitley seen his stuff. Always one of the busiest artists at the show. People love his impressionist water-color art. He's always the first stop for me at any big show....

Andy Lee - Doom

andyleedoom.jpg

Last one....another great job by Andy!

Andy Lee - Rorschach

andyleeror.jpg

That Rorscharch is soooo cool, THE Copper age character for me...

How great would it be to have an original Watchmen/Rorscharch page hail.gif