• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Green Lantern #16 (1st Silver Age Star Sapphire)

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've linked a picture to a copy of a Green Lantern #16 copy I've just picked up.

Its an already graded CGC copy, but I feel that it was under graded and contemplating resubmitting it.

Just from the picture provided below what would you grade this copy at or assume what the grade is?

l4p5.jpg

I can tell you one thing and that is the view from under the plastic is usually better than the book in hand. The plastic tends to screen out any visible defects unless you hold it certain angles. Similar to scanned books you see on here. :o

If I had to wager a guess I would say this book was graded at 8.5 or possibly 9.0. I see three or maybe four spine ticks, a corner chip, maybe two and possibly a colour chip. It is hard to tell with the small scan. :insane:

What did it grade? You can PM me the grade if you want to get other opinions but I would suggest links to larger scans? :grin:

i would definitely get grader notes before submitting again to confirm any internal damage before unslab etc

good luck

not to mention you probably need to get a back cove scan to give folks a better chance at grading

i would definitely get grader notes before submitting again to confirm any internal damage before unslab etc

good luck

not to mention you probably need to get a back cove scan to give folks a better chance at grading

Oh yeah! And everything Hector says! Absolutely! (thumbs u

good luck

Yeah I'll definitely end up getting grader notes before I make a decision I'll regret lol.

I would also end up having it pressed if I do end up resubmitting.