• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-Men 266

11 posts in this topic

Don't see 9.4. I see more 9.0/9.2 with the BC lower left corner. What am I missing?

About .2 to .4 points! :roflmao:

No, I think (the same as the other forumites that replied here) that the rest of the book presents itself extremely well and that CGC as well as OCBGG allow a grade bump when there are no other defects present. This book is a perfect candidate IMHO. (thumbs u

Maybe some of the others will confirm my comments?... or maybe not? hm

Don't see 9.4. I see more 9.0/9.2 with the BC lower left corner. What am I missing?

No, I think (the same as the other forumites that replied here) that the rest of the book presents itself extremely well and that CGC as well as OCBGG allow a grade bump when there are no other defects present. This book is a perfect candidate IMHO. (thumbs u

Maybe, it is hard to grade past 9.0 from scans. It is a cgcable book, but I have noticed CGC has been getting harder lately on books like this. (xmen 266, ASM 361 etc.) Nice book though!

Maybe, it is hard to grade past 9.0 from scans. It is a cgcable book, but I have noticed CGC has been getting harder lately on books like this. (xmen 266, ASM 361 etc.) Nice book though!

It always help to have the real thing in hand to double check for things that show up on the scans, but having said that if you take a large scan and make notes (ie like spine stresses that look like colour breaks but aren't really because of the scanner light) and details of how the book lies, tight spine, tight staples, any impact damage that does not show up on scans, etc. I think you can get pretty accurate grading albeit still not completely reliable. meh