• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOn+ Maggie Thompson collection in heritate nov auctions

73 posts in this topic

My attraction for pedigreed comics is a belief that the essence of folks who collected them seeped into the pages of the comics they owned.

I'd love to have one of these :luhv:

+1 ......... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Now that the some of the collection sold, I'm going to be waiting for some of them to show up for sale sometime soon

at softer prices ...

like the Twin Cities and Savannah books that sold in this auction down 30-50% from prices realized when they were first brought to market in 2011

I hope Maggie makes alot of money.

But personally, although I check their auction almost every week, I rarely bid on Heritage's auctions due to their high buyer's premium. I'd much rather buy from either clink, cconnect, or ebay. Almost 20% is too much for me.

Why don't you just factor the 20% into the bidding price (the website does it for you) and then just bid the total price you're willing to pay? Most books don't end up costing people 20% more.

Stop making this complicated. (tsk)

I rarely bid due to the CA sales tax added to my bids.

But personally, although I check their auction almost every week, I rarely bid on Heritage's auctions due to their high buyer's premium. I'd much rather buy from either clink, cconnect, or ebay. Almost 20% is too much for me.

Why don't you just factor the 20% into the bidding price (the website does it for you) and then just bid the total price you're willing to pay? Most books don't end up costing people 20% more.

i rarely win due to factoring the CA sales tax into my bids :cry:

i rarely win due to factoring the CA sales tax into my bids :cry:

Read my signature and consider it....

Kudos to Heritage. This last round of only 75 Don & Maggie books totaled $257,027 in sales today. Just over a quarter million... Maggie must be happy!

Won't she only get about $150,000 of that (though still a nice number) after factoring out the 20% buyers premium and the 20% seller fee?

EDIT: I realize that she probably isn't paying the full 20% seller fee, but even if you only factor out the buyer premium we're still looking at a $50,000 haircut.

Kudos to Heritage. This last round of only 75 Don & Maggie books totaled $257,027 in sales today. Just over a quarter million... Maggie must be happy!

Won't she only get about $150,000 of that (though still a nice number) after factoring out the 20% buyers premium and the 20% seller fee?

EDIT: I realize that she probably isn't paying the full 20% seller fee, but even if you only factor out the buyer premium we're still looking at a $50,000 haircut.

I would bet anything that she is getting a plus deal on her commission. If so she is probably getting around 105% of hammer price. So out of that $257,000 she is getting about $220,000.

I would bet anything that she is getting a plus deal on her commission. If so she is probably getting around 105% of hammer price. So out of that $257,000 she is getting about $220,000.

It must be nice getting paid to sell your books through a venue like that. I sincerely hope she did get that sort of deal.

Not bad considering she paid less than 15 bucks for them!

Minus grading and pressing fees? hm