• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 1

27 posts in this topic

Really tough to get an accurate grade from these pics. It may help if you put a piece of white paper on the back ground for the front cover to see the edges a bit better. Scans always show more detail.

But aside from that, and from what I can see in the pics, I'd have to say no better than 3.0 if the cover is attached.

Lots of wear down that spine and the color touch bleed through at the top, but the book appears to be relatively solid.

I would also include info on the centerfold and any interior tears, writing, or clipped coupons. (thumbs u

The staples do appear to be popped off the front cover but maybe still attached to the back. If the cover is completely detached then 2.0 More info when posting books is always helpful.

My first impression is 3.0 :( I don't see anything that would justify a purple label and there's not enough damage IMHO that would knock it down below 3.0 even with a detached cover. Too bad about the fading but hey how many of us own an Avengers #1? :eek:

I think the 'colour touch' is actually marker that someone just coloured around the box

(thumbs u I think you are absolutely correct here and it would not be considered as a restoration attempt. I see no reason for this book to get anything but a standard blue label.... or green for that matter? ;)

With that amount of marker, the book will be in a Purple label slab.

Hate to totally disagree with you but in this case I do. The use of the marker around the Marvel box is in no way evident of any attempt to restore or repair this book. The use of the marker here is no different then someone writing their name on the book. If this was an attempt at restoration then why would the marker be used around the entire Marvel box including the white areas? No purple label here, not for the marker, that is 100% assured. If you see other evidence of restoration please identify it because I don't see anything obvious?

With that amount of marker, the book will be in a Purple label slab.

Hate to totally disagree with you but in this case I do. The use of the marker around the Marvel box is in no way evident of any attempt to restore or repair this book. The use of the marker here is no different then someone writing their name on the book. If this was an attempt at restoration then why would the marker be used around the entire Marvel box including the white areas? No purple label here, not for the marker, that is 100% assured. If you see other evidence of restoration please identify it because I don't see anything obvious?

I think there is a small percentage this could end up being purple, as someone will make that judgement call and we can all agree sometimes CGC gets things wrong.

1.8 blue