• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk Mags
1 1

78 posts in this topic

Thank you very much for helping me re-discover one of the stories/ art that impressed me so much as a kid! :cloud9:

The sheer strenght that rivals with the deeper sense of humanity on Hulks behaviour!

It's been years i've been trying to find when was this originally printed... now that's one mag i must try to get in the future.

i always looked around the hulk main title and annuals, etc... but never tought (or even knew up until recently) about the mags format.

thanks again :foryou:

regards

I've had my high grade set of Rampaging Hulk on ebay for a few weeks now with a lot of views but no offers. Not sure where I'm going wrong but they're stunners and priced to sell in my opinion.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAMPAGING-HULK-1-27-Full-Set-HIGH-GRADE-NM-Superb-/191275084995?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item2c88e22cc3

Thanks on my part as well, Batmiesta!

That’s another reason for which these boards are awesome: I have had similarly lasting memories like Pedro in reading a number of the Hulk magazines stories as a kid in Italian. :cloud9:

I have been grabbing some magazines, venturing in the collecting of the originals, for the first time lately, and now I have to have that #18!

I think in Italy they just published the issues with the color stories (after title switches from "Rampaging" to just "The Hulk") and where the covers were picture frames, they used the artwork full size. As a nice example, a great Earl Norem one: :)

ANg09TWh.jpg

What about selling them singly? (shrug)

I second that! (thumbs u

Glad you like it! :)

If I manage to remember, I will scan a few others.

I have strong memories of picking the early issues at the newsstand (which was also a dairy shop) while vacationing at my grandparents' in the country.

I was conquered by the tone of realism which these stories often showed compared to the Hulk regular adventures. I still have my OO copies, well loved (the above one was bought later on).

Great mags. Very affordable in mid-grade, although singles are tougher to find than they should be. They're not a priority among dealers I've frequented, most people have 3 or 4 loose issues for sale in various grades. The cover stock was thin, so spine splits and detached staples are common.

I recently bought a set off a private collector just to finish off my run, and still need another #10 to replace the one he had, which was detached. :frustrated:

I have a near full run of the Hulk mags, I am missing number 26. I can find it for sale as a single but I refuse to buy it from Mile High and they are the only seller I have found it for sale at. I am looking for a VF - NM copy, and I do not trust MH grading from experience.

My run is all VF+

These books (or their UK reprints) were always advertised in the UK Hulk Comics which were newsprint magazine size books.

I've got a compete run of these which came with new Hulk material by some then, fledgling UK artists Dave Gibbons and Steve Dillon.

It also featured the first appearance of the lesser known, but awesome Night-raven (and precursor to V for Vendetta?) as well as an amazing ongoing original strip featuring Black Night & Captain Britain.

I've just had my Hulk #1 from the series graded

14371434973_223ccc55b9_c.jpg

May need to turn my attention to Rampaging Hulk now, always been especially partial to the cover of Rampaging Hulk #9 too. Did these magazine's contain original material as well?

Not only that but some have great battle issues and Moon Knight stories.

I have a full run 1-27 in average 9.2/9.4 as I was lucky to purchase most of my copies from Todd Lange and they are file copies. I also did purchase all of his Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu mags from that same collection he got several years ago.

Just finished up my SSOC run and I'm THINKING about buying a full set of The Hulk mags - does anyone have a complete set they are looking to sell?

(or Planet of the apes of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu)

Edited by Jordysnordy