• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DALLAS COMIC BOOK SHOW - Thanksgiving Weekend - FREE Admission!

12 posts in this topic

Ok, so you'll have eaten the turkey, watched a game or two, stood in line for 8 hours hoping to score the 55" TV for $85, and been aggravated by the Black Friday shopping crowds. Now what?

Come on out and spend Saturday November 30th with North Texas Comic Book Shows and relax! We'll have a huge selection of comic books from the silver age to current, a boatload of collectibles including action figures, vintage Star Wars, and Beatles memorablia, and FREE admission.

This will be a great opportunity to shop for the holidays. Let your friends and relatives know that they will probably find what you really want in one place. Heck, come out yourself and pick up something special.

We'll have 45 dealers on hand ready to help you with friendly, Kris Kringle-like service. We hope that you'll join us.

When: Saturday November 30th, 2013 - Thanksgiving Weekend

Where: The Doubletree Hotel Dallas Market Center

2015 Market Center Blvd., just off I-35 near Medieval Times

Hours: 9:30 am till 4 pm

Cost: Free admission!

Cosplay contest at 2 PM. Must wear 2 jingle bells and a Santa hat to qualify. $50 shopping credit for 1st place!

I had a great time at this show yesterday! Picked up a ton of books including a gorgeous Spidey 300, some Man of Steel 18s, some hard to find DC 52s like Nightwing 1, an old school Harbinger 1 and the list goes on and on. I wish I was in town for the Jan show. Good luck Chris!

I went and got some good books. it's a decent hotel show. one dealer told me it is basically a feeder for mycomicshop.com, who sets up at most of the shows to buy books. There were a couple of dealers who had some fairly ludicrous grading, but overall I found some things to buy that were decent deals. you won't find many/any keys at the show, but if you are looking for low-mid grade silver and bronze to fill runs, it isn't bad. There were only a couple of dealers selling 90s stuff in dollar bins, which is good to me. Sometimes at hotel shows you run the risk of a bunch of guys trying to unload 90s drek at guide or higher and it being nominally a waste of time.