• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Journey into Mystery 83 GRR

6 posts in this topic

What's your opinion of this book, which could use a squish.

The book had been stored by its previous owner within the album cover alongside the album, so there's an non-color-breaking impression made by the record that could probably be pressed out. I tried to get the light to reflect off the book so you can see that impression, which doesn't look nearly so severe with the book in hand.

Journey_into_Mystery_83_01_zpsa366f117.jpg

Journey_into_Mystery_83_02_zps009f72eb.jpg

Journey_into_Mystery_83_06_zps8393e1ee.jpg

Journey_into_Mystery_83_04_zps520b2d42.jpg06/PopeElvis/Boards/For_Sale/Journey_into_Mystery_83_05_zps319bf426.jpg[/img][/url]

Journey_into_Mystery_83_03_zpseda803ed.jpg

Also, who’s Pope Elvis? hm

That's my alter-ego from the early days of the interwebs.

I liked the juxtaposition of the two characters. They seem at first to have no similarities, but they are people who are so famous worldwide that they are known by just a single name. Many people have regarded them as having some sort of superhuman abilities, but they have shown themselves to be humans who are fallible.

After seeing a list of all the Popes throughout history, I got wondering if perhaps some day there would be a Pope Elvis. So I decided... why not? I could declare myself Pope Elvis the First. If any future Pope ever does want that name, he'll have to be Pope Elvis the Second, because I claimed the name of the First back in the 1990's.