• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman Adventures 12

15 posts in this topic

Uggggg I bought this after being told it was a solid 8.0 :cry:

None of the guesstimates here are carved in stone or can be considered totally accurate! We're only viewing a scan! Submit it to CGC to get the best answer. And heck sometimes we wonder if they get it right? (shrug)

I have no interest in doing anything but the next right thing - and I will gladly refund your money - $105.00. The 8.0 was simply my opinion - and you set the price - I simply said OK.

Can you return it? I would return it.

Are the 7.0 guesses not seeing the discoloration along the right edge? That is brutal and a grade killer for a copper IMO.

I saw the discoloration but my opinion was, that it did not detract from the overall appearance of the book enough to lower the grade. At least not the grade that I felt it was worthy of.

Now that's just my opinion. I mean you have seen the Hulk 181 that just got graded at 9.6 in this same category, with what still appears to be a stain on the back cover? Kudos to the owner but still is that not a stain on that book????:pullhair:

I have no interest in doing anything but the next right thing - and I will gladly refund your money - $105.00. The 8.0 was simply my opinion - and you set the price - I simply said OK.

You are a man of integrity for offering a refund. When the book is not third party graded the rule is "buyer beware". You are absolutely correct when you state that it was simply your opinion as is everyone else on this board. rantrant

When I first read this thread I was going to write something to the effect of buying the book because you want it, not because your speculating. :preach:

very big difference between 8 and six and the people that have put their estimates and I trust them probably just as much as CGC. :censored:

Why would you buy a book that is not third party graded and then complain? Do you really think that everyone's opinion on this forum is the be all to end all? Read the Hulk 181 thread that was submitted by "everydayastory". Do you think he should be complaining because all, and I mean all of the boardies guesses were 8.5 and 9.0. And the final grade that he got was 9.6!

Remember that this forum was intended to be fun and enlightening and not meant to be harmful or disrespectful of other members. That's just the way I see it anyway.