• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America 113, Steranko Statuary Cover

9 posts in this topic

Psst... Psst...

Hey, you. Yeah, you. Over here.

:gossip:

Check out this Captain America 113. I really love this cover--Steranko at his best. The in memoriam Captain America statuary is awesome, and the scene that Steranko has painted really intrigues me, compelling me to read the story 'twixt the covers.

So yeah, you. Psst...gotta grade for me?

These scans are unaltered from the flatbed, fwiw.

FRONT - hi res

REAR - hi res

nMgnxhHl.jpg

ve9WvjDl.jpg

I'm struggling to not go higher but this book screams 9.0 to me! Awesome cover! (thumbs u

:o What did I miss to have graded so off from the other?? :o

If I felt competent with grading, I'd be less inclined to post here, which is me issuing a disclaimer. But this book isn't as nice when compared to the Capn America 111 that I also posted in this forum. More edge wear, some light scuffing at the spine.

I'm struggling to not go higher but this book screams 9.0 to me! Awesome cover! (thumbs u

:o What did I miss to have graded so off from the other?? :o

If I felt competent with grading, I'd be less inclined to post here, which is me issuing a disclaimer. But this book isn't as nice when compared to the Capn America 111 that I also posted in this forum. More edge wear, some light scuffing at the spine.

When I get the chance I try and draw comparisons from other CGC graded and raw comics from the HA site. Nice big scans of most front covers and of various grades. I don't review the grades until after I've made my guess and then review to see how close I was. Check it out, there are lots of Captain America books like yours to review. It's good practice if nothing else? (thumbs u