• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #48 - Trimmed or bad wrap?

12 posts in this topic

Hard to say from just a scan, though the cut does look to bow in slightly at the grey tower on the right.. What's up with the building behind the Thing? The grey at the right edge seems to go farther than the rest of the cover.

Hard to say from just a scan, though the cut does look to bow in slightly at the grey tower on the right.. What's up with the building behind the Thing? The grey at the right edge seems to go farther than the rest of the cover.

There is some black ink on the first interior page which is what you see on the right of the thing.

It appears along the right edge some of the cover has chipped away due to aging. Very evident lower right hand side ending with small piece at the bottom.

I don't think this book is 4.0 or CGC are letting things slide, I had ff #4 graded 5 years ago missing piece out back cover top like this copy and small corner piece missing out on back cover as well. I got a 3.5 and thought the grade correct. The ff had no pieces missing from the front cover that effects the grade more.

I'm thinking along the lines of 3.5 for this book. Too many missing pieces, cover tear and general wear for me to guess higher. :cry: I agree that I think it is a poorly wrapped cover and not a trim. ;)

Same here. :)

I don’t think it’s trimmed, and it’s not a miswrap either (this affects the cover alone) – this is a book improperly stored, so it suffered a spine misalignment, and the cover appears shorter.

Probably the staples originally showed up a bit on the front cover, rather than being perfectly aligned (it happens more often on the back cover).

Anyway, not a big problem unless in the very high grades.

Both pieces out are problematic, as I have no big experience with those, but let’s cautiously say a VG-/VG on a book that without this defect would have been around the VGF grade. Very nice copy, anyway. :)