• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The National NYC Forum Dinner! Who's In?

105 posts in this topic

I , along with my wife, Greta ...(and perhaps even our little Ellen too?), will tag along with Redhook and his wife , who have graciously invited us to stay at

Casa Redhook.

Need to first find out dinner times, and locations...among other details

And secondly.. if all of you would not mind my little one attending the dinner, I in no way want to force my kid on anyone.

Or if bringing her is even an option.

But she loves a crowd, and needs to be exposed to all you wiseacres.

Many details to try and hammer out.. but where there is a will.. I hope there is a way 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Ze-

Update as I can no longer make edits:

We are in for the Shun Lee on Saturday night! I have to warn you all that this place is a little expensive - a $30 - $40 a head assessment would be accurate. However "Mr. Steve" gets special props there smile.gif

Any other takers please let me know as soon as you can so that we can get the rservation in for the room:

Dinner List:

Steve B

Haspel

Litch

dam60

foolkiller

Buzz

Bair

Rob React

Mr & Mrs. Redhook

Shadroch

Heartend

Mr. Woogieman

Rocketeer

Stynxo

Flink

Comiclink

Mr. & Mrs. Ze-man

Kevin Boyd

Burntboy

Golddust40

the more the merrier - don't be shy flowerred.gif

I gotta tell you..

When I first told my wife we were going to a Comic Convention CGc forum dinner..

she said.. "um.. ok.. sure.. sounds fun." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Then as it became clear we will indeed be going.. and I saw your post here, that says we get to go to Shun Lee's, and pulled up the website for the resturant... and showed Greta where we get to go have our dinner..

She started laughing really hard.

I said..

" confused-smiley-013.gif why are you laughing, what?.. confused-smiley-013.gif"

And she said..

"When you said we were going to a forum, comic convention dinner.. I pictured a bunch of folding tables, set up in a holiday inn banquet room, near the convention.. with bad food.. and worse atmosphere."

So needless to say she is thrilled yay.gifthat you secured Shun's, we have heard nothing but great things about that place thumbsup2.gif

But what is even better is the fact that she said nothing at first.. , and was still going to go even when she thought it was a sappy convention dinner, with a nasty salad, and weird mystery meat buffet.

Thats my girl.. she was willing to take a bullet..

Ze-

DAM; i'm a definite!!!!!!

also, i tried bribing Captain Tripps to come up for a free invite to the Giants/Falcons game on sunday (at this point it could be meaningful). he's closing on his new house, but still a possibility.

look forward to meeting you guys and will probably bring some KEY marvels for grading and some very HG SA DC's. (at least i think so............).

I promised myself that on of theses days i'll go to a convention in the USA...

One more time, it'll be for the next time...

Enjoy the show, buy a lot of comics (show our forumites how Sterling Pound is stronger than

Dollar currency wink.gif ), and have a great dinner thumbsup2.gif

I promised myself that on of theses days i'll go to a convention in the USA...

One more time, it'll be for the next time...

Enjoy the show, buy a lot of comics (show our forumites how Sterling Pound is stronger than

Dollar currency wink.gif ), and have a great dinner thumbsup2.gif

Cheers OS - NYC is always worth a visit (and the convention isn't bad either). At some point the European Forumites ought to have their own dinner (we've mentioned this before). I've got friends going to Angouleme in January, but I don't think I can go to that one. And there aren't any real Cons in the U.K.....

Tim Drake- Party of eight?

27_laughing.gif

classic - I had forgotten about that but am now laughing my [!@#%^&^] off! so funny . . .

Zip - I can't promise a lunch as I anticipate working all day but please stop by and say hello flowerred.gif

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel? Perhaps something that leaves me some spending money would be nice. I probably should have started looking sooner.893crossfingers-thumb.gif

if you don't mind sharing a bathroom, try the hostels. i recommend the "amsterdam inn" on the west side, around 72nd and...um...i forget. it was around 70 a night for a closet and sharing a bathroom but it was very clean, safe, and 2 blocks from a subway stop. its also in a nice neighborhood.

you might find cheaper stuff if you stay in jersey or whatnot, but if you want to stay in manhattan, that's the best cheap place i've found.