• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 60 - KINGPIN COVER HIGH GRADE?

15 posts in this topic

high grade no. mid grade yes.

HG? No, but I think it's clearly better than 6.0 :baiting:

I wrote that because at first glance, a black cover without much wear looks high grade but then you look at the details and see it's a higher mid grade. I'm not sure about the 6.0 score

Here is my 8.0...Looks sharper in person, had to use scanner at work, should have cleaned it first...Black cover make every flaw look worse...

ASM60_zpscb9f398e.jpg

I would say 7.0/7.5 on account of the edge wear, blunted corners, the rub or whatever by the bottom staple, the crease(s) on the back cover...Is there a slight tear/hole by the bottom staple on the b/c?

Here is my 8.0...Looks sharper in person, had to use scanner at work, should have cleaned it first...Black cover make every flaw look worse...

ASM60_zpscb9f398e.jpg

I would say 7.0/7.5 on account of the edge wear, blunted corners, the rub or whatever by the bottom staple, the crease(s) on the back cover...Is there a slight tear/hole by the bottom staple on the b/c?

WOW yours looks great, I'm thinking your score is about right

also no tear/hole near bottom staple b/c

I think its a solid 7.0 as is due to the scuffing in the black on the F.C. and the dirty back cover. That back cover should clean up nicely though.

I think the absence of spine ticks on this book pushes it to the 8.0. But Hector, your scans are still smaller than usual. So I am still hesitant to firm up my grade. But honestly if the large scans are as clean as the smaller scans I still think 8.0 is an attainable grade for this book! (thumbs u

I think its a solid 7.0 as is due to the scuffing in the black on the F.C. and the dirty back cover. That back cover should clean up nicely though.

Could be I just see more because of the black cover:

I see at least 5 spine ticks, impact dent at top, reader crease at top right, soft corners all around, stain on back cover.

Yeah maybe could get a 7.0, depending how hard they judge the stain.

I think the absence of spine ticks on this book pushes it to the 8.0. But Hector, your scans are still smaller than usual. So I am still hesitant to firm up my grade. But honestly if the large scans are as clean as the smaller scans I still think 8.0 is an attainable grade for this book! (thumbs u

Not sure why I had such difficulty getting the large scans to download however now I have seen them and I am in agreement with the other assessments at 7.0 for your book. Still a really nice copy! :grin: