• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAC COAST XMEN 1 CGC 9.6 WHITE SOLD!!!!!!

90 posts in this topic

on comiclink, the PC xmen 1 white, just sold for $110k- another silver age record

and newly listed the sister copy of xmen 1 from the PC collection, asking $130k

both awesome books, almost unfathomable that the cuator xmen 1 is a 9.8!!!!!!!

if i had a spare 100k id buy the 9.6 xmen 1 tongue.gif

Didn't the one on ComicLink sell a long time ago?

The one on PedigreeComics is incredible. Other than a little bend at the top right corner (that could probably be pressed out) it is perfect (I've seen it up close and personnal).

Nuckin futs!

But that is a mighty nice 9.6 to have around to impress the ladies! wink.gif

methinks this is not the best thing to buy to impress the ladies... unless you say you bought it for the cover price...

edit... or... you sold it for that much... that would impress me...

i jsut checked comiclink and the sale seems to be new news on their site

both are amazing copies, so FRESH!

The last update for that book was May 13th so that was when the buy order was entered.

I'd say a 9.8 would sell for at least 400k. Just my 2 cents.

But who would buy it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I believe the current owner is probably the top Silver-Age Marvel collector and the one selling the CGC 9.6 is the second biggest collector.

yeahok.gif

Nuckin futs!

But that is a mighty nice 9.6 to have around to impress the ladies! wink.gif

methinks this is not the best thing to buy to impress the ladies... unless you say you bought it for the cover price...

edit... or... you sold it for that much... that would impress me...

Maybe he wasn't talking about a comic being 9.6... confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd say a 9.8 would sell for at least 400k. Just my 2 cents.

But who would buy it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I believe the current owner is probably the top Silver-Age Marvel collector and the one selling the CGC 9.6 is the second biggest collector.

yeahok.gif

So just out of curiousity, and cause I'm new to these circles, who would this top collector be?

So just out of curiousity, and cause I'm new to these circles, who would this top collector be?

Scoop Article

Realize that he has sold books since this article (don't know what he's purchased).

i never saw that article before 893whatthe.gif

what an amazing set of books. and as you and i know, he's talking about Doug when referencing the FF#1 in 9.6. cloud9.gif

what an amazing set of books. and as you and i know, he's talking about Doug when referencing the FF#1 in 9.6.

I hope Doug won't mind me sharing this but according to Doug:

When the dealer (who I won't mention) showed Doug the FF #1 he told him a price of $32,000 but said he couldn't sell it to him until he showed it to Brulato. Brulato turned it down. Doug then got the price down to $27,000 and made a downpayment. Then after a while (can't remember how long), the dealer said if you pay the rest right now I will take only $25,000.

It is the third book to be certified by CGC (serial #000003001).

I think this was less than 10 years ago. Nice return on a $25K purchase.

Scoop Article

Realize that he has sold books since this article (don't know what he's purchased).

Not that I have one, but I wonder if he still needs a 9.4 or above FF #18...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan