• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Action 252

33 posts in this topic

Is that a tear on the front right hand edge on the cover approx 2-3cm under the box stated introducing Super girl ?. If it is then I'm 3.0, If there is no tear then I'm a 3.5. Nice looking book. I had a chance of picking up a copy years ago and decline the offer only for the book to be gone a week later when I changed my mind. That's happened a couple of times to me.

Is that a tear on the front right hand edge on the cover approx 2-3cm under the box stated introducing Super girl ?. If it is then I'm 3.0, If there is no tear then I'm a 3.5. Nice looking book. I had a chance of picking up a copy years ago and decline the offer only for the book to be gone a week later when I changed my mind. That's happened a couple of times to me.

Yeah, unfortunately that's a real small tear on the front cover. :(

I picked up the book a couple of years ago from a dealer online. I thought it presented pretty well at the time for a copy that wasn't going to destroy my wallet, and it's not a book I saw (or see today) too often for sale.

Tear and all I'm jealous, Still kicking myself for passing up a chance for copy of this book. And from memory yours looks better then the one I saw at my LCS.

Nice pick up. Looking at it again I'm a firm 3.5. With slight wear , tear and 2 small pieces out on back cover it is a solid looking 3.5,

I'm still jealous.

I think (from the "smallish" scans) that this book is worthy of 3.5. :shy:

I'm with a 4.5/5.0

The scan size is fine. I see that you mention this often and most of the time they are ok and not that small. You really don't need that big of scan to make a decent guess on the grade.

You really don't need a larger scan to make a guess, you only need them to make a well educated guess. :D Like knowing that the tear on the front cover is a tear and not a wrinkle. A larger scan would have most likely made this apparent without having to ask the owner. The larger scans also allow for more accurate grading which is why this book would most likely not get a grade above 4.5 (at least according to the grading guides)

Any way if people want to get their books graded then they should provide decent size scans. And if we can encourage the newer forumites to do so I think we should. :slapfight:

The size of the scans are only one part ot if. If people want an accurate grade, give a more accurate descrtiption.

Note the tears, popped staples, detached centerfolds, interior problems and such, otherwise the grades are just a guesstimate for the most part.

The size of the scans are only one part ot if. if people want an accurate grade, give a more accurate descrtiption.

Note the tears, popped staples, detached centerfolds, interior problmes and such, otherwise the grades are just a guesstimate for the most part.

+1

Totally agree and I think it is important to tell people when they post their books here for grading guesstimates what they need to do:

1. larger scans

2. brief description

3. Hidden defects if known, etc.

But if we don't tell anybody or mention it when we try and grade a book then we are not doing justice to this "service". Not everybody knows what size scan is best to view or that a brief description of the book is beneficial. But we need to educate them! :)