• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic bronze age DC books.... killer grades and prices.

92 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Today, I'm starting a pretty cool thread. I'm going to be listing a lot of esoteric DC titles from the 1970s... there's going to be all kinds of stuff, and overall the grades are going to be really great, as are the prices.

And there's an added bonus! I'm selling these books with my son, who is fundraising to help our local food bank. We'll be donating 80% of every sale to our local food bank - and we're going to trying to get local groceries to match our donations. Simply put, for every dollar you spend, we're hoping to donate $1.60 to the food bank.

It's an awesome way to put some great books into your collection and also help out some folks in need.

Postage will be $8.00 for the first 1-2 books, $12.00 for 3-5, and after that I'll quote you. All books come with fresh boards and a mylite.

Thanks everyone! Books start dropping in a minute...

Jonah Hex Spectacular (DC Special Series 2, 1978) NM-/NM Really nice copy of a tough to find bronze age key, featuring the death of Jonah Hex, beautifully drawn by Russ Heath. Very light non-breaking bend/crease at top right corner of front cover. Otherwise, a super copy with great centering. White pages. $46.00 REDUCED TO $30.00 SOLD!

JonahHexSpectacular_zps4a230d00.jpeg

Laurel and Hardy #1 VF+/NM- This is a super copy of an extremely tough book to find in nice grade. Stucturally, near perfect with a great spine and just two very small dings at the top cover edge. Pages are cream. A really great book overall. $40.00 REDUCED TO $25.00

JonahHexSpectacular1_zpsfbb15f5d.jpeg

Korak #46 VF+/NM- First DC Issue. Very nice copy, with super art by Mike Kaluta. This is from the Bakerstown warehouse find, and like many of those books has just the slightest bend/wave at bottom – honestly, hardly noticeable but I’m noting it anyway. It’ll like come out after some time in your stacks. White pages. $12.00 REDUCED TO $8.00

Korak46_zpse40507f9.jpeg

Okay... so a lot of interest, but no one's buying. So, I've reduced the prices in the on the books already posted, and I'm going to sweeten things up by adding some war books a little later on.

In the meantime, here are some gorgeous Time Warp books. These are all store stock books I got years ago. Nice clean, supple copies. Hard to believe these are now 33 years old!

Time Warp #1 NM Great copy, with loads of great art and story. White to offwhite pages. $8.00 SOLD!

TimeWarp1_zpsf0f1b058.jpeg