• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #40

10 posts in this topic

Quick PGM: assume an equally nice back cover, if not for the fact that the right side has water damage running all along the book (width is about 1/2") this would be a pretty nice book. The damage affects the covers only, as the interiors are flawless – very curious, it has never occurred to me.

Which grade would you assign?

Gz6VbODh.jpg

High resolution version: http://i.imgur.com/Gz6VbOD.jpg

Yup, but here the case is a bit different. This book would be pretty nice, I guess a FVF or so without the damage, but the damage, although it is only clear water, left the cover "wavy" in the stripe at the right side (it is visible from the scan), so I was thinking more along the lines of a VG+/VGF.

What do you say? hm

Oh, I have to include it in a lot I am planning to sell raw, so I just wished to assign a fair grade. I think I will stick with 5.0 as it’s a really nice book, and I have a Golden Age book with differently distributed but equally large water damage (but a bit less nice) which got CGC 4.5.