• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am Zach. I am a fairly large fan of the Incredible Hulk, X-men, Spawn, and a few other odds and ends.

I am new-ish to collecting. I had a sizeable collection of Spawn growing up but most of them were sold right before I went off to get my undergraduate degree.

I look forward to speaking with you all, learning, and sharing our mutual love of collecting some of our favorite titles!

On 10/12/2021 at 7:50 AM, Zach Mortazavi said:

Hello everyone,

I am Zach. I am a fairly large fan of the Incredible Hulk, X-men, Spawn, and a few other odds and ends.

I am new-ish to collecting. I had a sizeable collection of Spawn growing up but most of them were sold right before I went off to get my undergraduate degree.

I look forward to speaking with you all, learning, and sharing our mutual love of collecting some of our favorite titles!

Welcome aboard!!

:tink:

On 10/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, Zach Mortazavi said:

Hello everyone,

Hello Zach! Lots of Spawn signings have happened lately with McFarlane. Spawn and him are still kicking!

Welcome to the boards!

On 10/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, MacThanos said:

Greetings!

My love for comics began in 1985. Long-time fan of Uncanny X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Wolverine, and many, many other titles from large publishers to independents.

I've worked in a comic shop for a stint during high school and amassed a decent sized collection during that time.

I haven't kept up w/ stuff released in the last 20 years or so—I'm sorta stuck in time as a fan of the bronze and early modern age of things. Something about those books: artwork and stories = my childhood.

Looking forward to being part of the CGC community!

Yes! Hopefully the 2000's kids have the same nostalgia :wishluck:

Welcome to the boards!

On 10/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, MacThanos said:

Greetings!

My love for comics began in 1985. Long-time fan of Uncanny X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Wolverine, and many, many other titles from large publishers to independents.

I've worked in a comic shop for a stint during high school and amassed a decent sized collection during that time.

I haven't kept up w/ stuff released in the last 20 years or so—I'm sorta stuck in time as a fan of the bronze and early modern age of things. Something about those books: artwork and stories = my childhood.

Looking forward to being part of the CGC community!

Welcome to the boards!!!

:tink:

Hey gang, I’ve been a comic collector since about eight or nine years old, though I always a remember having cool sci-fi books when I was four or five too.  
I’ve sold off my collection a time or two and regret it immensely.  I could tell a sad story about a mint ASM 300, but I would be banned instantly.   
I’ve been working on filling in some spots of my collection, and have found some neat books to get cleaned and pressed, and then graded.  
Uh, I’m trying to fill stuff in as I remember from the first page about stuff related to me, so my Avatar is the Flaming Carrot, in the best conic story ever written.  Also, I’m a silly diabetic.  That’s about it!

On 10/18/2021 at 6:58 PM, Sillydiabetic said:

Hey gang, I’ve been a comic collector since about eight or nine years old, though I always a remember having cool sci-fi books when I was four or five too.  
I’ve sold off my collection a time or two and regret it immensely.  I could tell a sad story about a mint ASM 300, but I would be banned instantly.   
I’ve been working on filling in some spots of my collection, and have found some neat books to get cleaned and pressed, and then graded.  
Uh, I’m trying to fill stuff in as I remember from the first page about stuff related to me, so my Avatar is the Flaming Carrot, in the best conic story ever written.  Also, I’m a silly diabetic.  That’s about it!

Welcome! to the Boards!
Starting young is the key sometimes.

Yes, having books like that, you may have been tempted to sell to fund other things for sure (thumbsu 

We all have those day to day's, still glad that your back and able! :tink: 

On 10/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, Sillydiabetic said:

Welcome!! :banana:

Hello, my name es Max. I am from Spain.

I am collecting books, at least, 15 years ago....I read comics books all my life, but i started collecting with spanish editions. It sucks. In Spain there is not a collector culture and all the older books are in bad condition, and the printers publish a mix of the ongoing series....for example, if you are collecting spiderman, the spanish edition it is a mix witht the original series publishing (the amazing spiderman, spectacular, peter parker, web of spiderman...) and not all the consecutives issues...

So that, i love the United States comics culture and i am colleting USA books from 2008. I am a collector of variant covers....so that with the higher prices of the high ratio variant covers, the many many many covers and the new "exclusive" variant covers I am collecting, just 2 series: The amazing spiderman and the x-men (uncanny, x-men....) .

I am a picky collector. I always buy books with clean spines without stress marks and sharp corners of the sides of the pages. It is very difficult for me, living in Spain, get books in these condition. The only way i have for to do it is with ebay. Some sellers sell books that are not in these condition...The shipping cost are killing me, but the comics are my hobby. I love to collect my series and to bag and board all my books carefully.

I don´t know nobody in my country that collect books like me, so that i feel alone. 

I hope to find others collector like me, talk about the books, the prices, and buy older issues of my series in the condition i need for my collection.

I do nt speak your languaje perfect so I apologize for spelling errors.

Edited by Maxmarsan

On 10/23/2021 at 12:25 AM, Maxmarsan said:

I am collecting books, at least, 15 years ago....I read comics books all my life, but i started collecting with spanish editions. It sucks. In Spain there is not a collector culture and all the older books are in bad condition, and the printers publish a mix of the ongoing series....for example, if you are collecting spiderman, the spanish edition it is a mix witht the original series publishing (the amazing spiderman, spectacular, peter parker, web of spiderman...) and not all the consecutives issues...

So that, i love the United States comics culture and i am colleting USA books from 2008. I am a collector of variant covers....so that with the higher prices of the high ratio variant covers, the many many many covers and the new "exclusive" variant covers I am collecting, just 2 series: The amazing spiderman and the x-men (uncanny, x-men....) .

I am a picky collector. I always buy books with clean spines without stress marks and sharp corners of the sides of the pages. It is very difficult for me, living in Spain, get books in these condition. The only way i have for to do it is with ebay. Some sellers sell books that are not in these condition...The shipping cost are killing me, but the comics are my hobby. I love to collect my series and to bag and board all my books carefully.

I don´t know nobody in my country that collect books like me, so that i feel alone. 

I hope to find others collector like me, talk about the books, the prices, and buy older issues of my series in the condition i need for my collection.

Welcome! To the boards! :tink:

On 10/22/2021 at 11:25 PM, Maxmarsan said:

Welcome aboard!!:banana:

On 10/23/2021 at 12:25 AM, Maxmarsan said:

Nobody in here speaks or spells the language perfectly.......so no need to worry about that.......we can understand you just fine.

Welcome to the boards!

On 10/23/2021 at 11:38 PM, Maxmarsan said:

Thank you for the welcome!!

There are some chat about buying or selling comics, back issues, new releases? Where the people can to talk and complete his collections?

I need time to check about the many chats open...

Here is the link to the rules of selling and buying.

And then here is where you do so.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/63-comics-market-forum-only-selling-area/

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/50-comics-market-want-to-buy/

On 10/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, Maxmarsan said:

Oh! Thank you very much!

There are a lot of chats, also about conservation books. 

I am happy to be here. Little by little i will be reading all the chats interesting for me.

Thank you again!

Saludos! welcome to the boards!

On 10/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, Maxmarsan said:

Thank you for the welcome!!

There are some chat about buying or selling comics, back issues, new releases? Where the people can to talk and complete his collections?

I need time to check about the many chats open...

(thumbsu