• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm Jeff in Florida.  I'm 47 and I collected when I was a kid but stopped in my early teens.  Now I have a 10 year old son who is in to comics and we're enjoying some of my old ones together.  We're buying a few to fill in some gaps too. We've submitted a few for grading for the first time just now. Thanks in advance for the advice!

• Administrator
On 11/8/2021 at 11:51 PM, Jeff Winston said:

Hi, I'm Jeff in Florida.  I'm 47 and I collected when I was a kid but stopped in my early teens.  Now I have a 10 year old son who is in to comics and we're enjoying some of my old ones together.  We're buying a few to fill in some gaps too. We've submitted a few for grading for the first time just now. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Welcome to the forum!  

On 11/8/2021 at 9:51 PM, Jeff Winston said:

Welcome aboard!!! :tink:

On 11/8/2021 at 10:51 PM, Jeff Winston said:

Welcome! Hope you Enjoy :) 

• Administrator
On 11/12/2021 at 10:55 PM, Southbeach4life said:

Hi, I’m Chirag. 

I am new to collecting comics and only started collecting a handful of comics with J Scott Campbell as the cover artist. I have a few Amazing Spider-Man comics and also several BlackCat comics, all pretty modern.

I would like to hold onto a few comics that could go up in value over time. I also would like to have a few select ones be CGC graded.

Unfortunately, I am a complete newbie and joined here to see if there is any tips I can get.

Great to meet everyone and looking forward to this.

Welcome to the forum.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:55 PM, Southbeach4life said:

Hi, I’m Chirag. 

I am new to collecting comics and only started collecting a handful of comics with J Scott Campbell as the cover artist. I have a few Amazing Spider-Man comics and also several BlackCat comics, all pretty modern.

I would like to hold onto a few comics that could go up in value over time. I also would like to have a few select ones be CGC graded.

Unfortunately, I am a complete newbie and joined here to see if there is any tips I can get.

Smart thinking getting some tips! There is a newbie part of the forum where you can ask away!

I understand the hesitation, as it took me a while to set up an account and start submitting myself at first. It really is the best way, so that you can track your submission online yourself, rather than submit through someone and have to call for updates.

Right now sometimes the wait at cgc can be long, but having your own account for tracking will be a big help.

Welcome to the boards!

On 11/12/2021 at 8:55 PM, Southbeach4life said:

Hi, I’m Chirag. 

Welcome!!!:tink:

On 11/13/2021 at 10:22 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Smart thinking getting some tips! There is a newbie part of the forum where you can ask away!

I understand the hesitation, as it took me a while to set up an account and start submitting myself at first. It really is the best way, so that you can track your submission online yourself, rather than submit through someone and have to call for updates.

Right now sometimes the wait at cgc can be long, but having your own account for tracking will be a big help.

Welcome to the boards!

Took me ten years to sign up and send to cgc myself lol

On 11/12/2021 at 10:55 PM, Southbeach4life said:

Hi, I’m Chirag. 

2be9051781c75eda1989582504bfa4cc_w200.gif

tenor-17.gif

On 11/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, Slappy Laszlo said:

Hello every person, nice to be where.

On 11/21/2021 at 11:22 AM, Lips said:

Hi, I’m David.  I’ve been collecting comics for about 50 years and decided to get some of my oldest graded.  95% of my collection is Marvel with the rest a few older DC books.

:peace:

On 11/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, TheCollector999 said:

Hi All, Brady Here.  I signed up here awhile back but I don't think I posted much.  Anyways, I just did the J.Scott Campbell signing for these books below.  Still waiting on grades but I am very excited!

psylocke 510 Variant.jpg

BP Suri.jpg

Awesome books! Welcome to the boards!

I assume you pressed? Should be soon, as mine was pressed and is on it's way back to me :)