• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2022 at 1:21 PM, C cotton said:

Hi I am new to comics. Stumbled into 3 chests of my dads old 70s-90s DC and marvel. I have many questions… cheers

There is a newbie part of the forum built for just those questions and several pages of ones already asked, so you'll find it under the forum list, ie comics general, registry and so on. Newbie part is labeled thereabouts.

Glad to welcome you and thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself, hope it all goes easy for you ! Welcome to the boards :)

Hey all InsomniacComics here, but you can just call me Kayden! I'm getting into collecting after reading a lot of the old spiderman novels such as Goblins Revenge by Dean Smith, and of course, the MCU. I have a great interest in everything Marvel and DC, the Joker and Dr. Strange specifically. My biggest grail I'm starting out working towards is Strange Tales #110, first appearence of the sorcerer supreme himself. I'm in the Dallas area, and I eventually want to open a comic book and collectibles store, and creating a community of comic collectors in the area! 

Kind of a ramble there, but excited to be here and meet everybody!

On 7/20/2022 at 9:10 AM, InsomniacComics said:

Hey all InsomniacComics here, but you can just call me Kayden! I'm getting into collecting after reading a lot of the old spiderman novels such as Goblins Revenge by Dean Smith, and of course, the MCU. I have a great interest in everything Marvel and DC, the Joker and Dr. Strange specifically. My biggest grail I'm starting out working towards is Strange Tales #110, first appearence of the sorcerer supreme himself. I'm in the Dallas area, and I eventually want to open a comic book and collectibles store, and creating a community of comic collectors in the area! 

Dallas Texas is so hot weather wise right now, glad you got something to stay indoors and read or do! :banana: Welcome Kayden to the boards :headbang:

Glad to hear of your grails :) 

On 7/20/2022 at 8:10 AM, InsomniacComics said:

Welcome to the boards....and best of luck!!! :cheers:

On 11/2/2013 at 1:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I’m not sure how to post, could use a little help 

On 7/22/2022 at 5:13 PM, Supahtruckah said:

I’m not sure how to post, could use a little help 

You did it!

Ps I'm kind of a big deal around here if you have any questions lemme know.

On 7/22/2022 at 5:33 PM, Supahtruckah said:

I have never collected comics but after watching a friend's collection am thinking about starting.  I've read a bit here but I am a novice.

great!  we have enough people that show up and claim instant expertise and tell us how much smarter they are than the rest of us.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:33 PM, Supahtruckah said:

I have never collected comics but after watching a friend's collection am thinking about starting.  I've read a bit here but I am a novice.

Welcome to the boards!! :cheers:

On 7/22/2022 at 7:33 PM, Supahtruckah said:

Welcome to the boards  :)

On 7/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, RonaldMcCurdy said:

Holla, I'm new aboard and hoping to find smth good here:shiftyeyes:

Welcome to the boards! You'll find plenty good here.