• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2022 at 8:18 AM, thescrod said:

mtc .. new victim here ..
been collecting WAYYYYYY too long (40+ years)

got the wrong 'slabs' of comic titles sent in me in a shipment ....and let the CCG folks know of this

but was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with this and how it got resolved in the long run

Well...took 4+ months ..but the books made their way back home ;)

Thank for all the support, peeps..and thanks CGC mike for all the links and advice 

IMG_20220805_091732948.jpg

IMG_20220805_091603832.jpg

On 8/5/2022 at 10:05 AM, thescrod said:

Thank for all the support, peeps..and thanks CGC mike for all the links and advice 

IMG_20220805_091732948.jpg

IMG_20220805_091603832.jpg

Good deal 👍💯  :)

• Administrator
On 8/5/2022 at 11:05 AM, thescrod said:

Glad to hear it all worked out.

On 8/6/2022 at 2:23 AM, CGC Mike said:

Glad to hear it all worked out.

Good job, Mike. We person_without_enough_empathy at you a lot, but we often don't credit you often enough for all the pluses you add, the hard mind-numbing work you do behind the scenes. 

So thank you, Mike. We genuinely notice and we absolutely appreciate it. 

On 8/12/2022 at 1:40 PM, Milethave said:

Hello all, as that before did not pay attention to it, but now really like to collect figurines on comics and look for little-known work. 

Welcome to the boards, there is a plastic crack thread that has figures, and also a statue thread :)

On 8/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 8/12/2022 at 1:40 PM, Milethave said:

Hello all, as that before did not pay attention to it, but now really like to collect figurines on comics and look for little-known work. 

Welcome to the boards, there is a plastic crack thread that has figures, and also a statue thread :)

On 8/14/2022 at 1:52 PM, Novice37 said:

im a novice collector. Trying to learn how certain things do or dont impact the grading

Welcome aboard!!! :cheers:

Two great forums to visit for much learning...just remember to read the posting rules. (thumbsu

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/27-comic-book-grading-and-restoration-issues/

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

On 8/13/2022 at 4:40 AM, Milethave said:

As said, go to the Plastic Crack thread and have a look there, ask questions, etc. We can help you, whichever direction you want to go in, and whatever kind of budget. 

Just found out about this forum and have been reading a lot of threads.  There is a lot of knowledge here!  I am actually a vintage audio enthusiast and while I hunt for that, some of large extended family have me keep an eye out for them since I do a lot of yard and community sales.  That includes comic books and Magna for the in-laws kids to read, as what I normally find is pretty common but good reading material.  I don't find a ton for them though, it seems folks like to hold on to the comic books!

I ended up here as I recently picked up a stack of 30 or so modern age comics in really good shape.  Mom was holding the sale and said she bought them for her son but he hardly read any of them.  And in there was an NYX #3 with Laura Kinney's first appearance, and I was really surprised to see such a modern comic have that kind of value.  Now I will be keeping a keener eye out when hunting audio gear.  I have a couple of other collections as a result of being out there, as I like the idea that it is stuff I have found.  I could see getting a stash of interesting comics that won't go to the inlaws for consumption!  

On 8/21/2022 at 4:39 PM, Upallnight said:

Just found out about this forum and have been reading a lot of threads.  There is a lot of knowledge here!  I am actually a vintage audio enthusiast and while I hunt for that, some of large extended family have me keep an eye out for them since I do a lot of yard and community sales.  That includes comic books and Magna for the in-laws kids to read, as what I normally find is pretty common but good reading material.  I don't find a ton for them though, it seems folks like to hold on to the comic books!

I ended up here as I recently picked up a stack of 30 or so modern age comics in really good shape.  Mom was holding the sale and said she bought them for her son but he hardly read any of them.  And in there was an NYX #3 with Laura Kinney's first appearance, and I was really surprised to see such a modern comic have that kind of value.  Now I will be keeping a keener eye out when hunting audio gear.  I have a couple of other collections as a result of being out there, as I like the idea that it is stuff I have found.  I could see getting a stash of interesting comics that won't go to the inlaws for consumption!  

Audio? Like music amps or speakers or stereo? All of the above?

1st x-23 for a story that brought you to the boards!  :takeit:

Welcome 🤗

On 8/21/2022 at 7:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Audio? Like music amps or speakers or stereo? All of the above?

1st x-23 for a story that brought you to the boards!  :takeit:

Welcome 🤗

Yup, all of the above but vintage turntables are my main interest! :cheers:   Cut down to 6 tables during lockdowns but have added a couple since then. 

I put up a PGM post for the X-23 with pictures, though I don't know if it has been Mod approved yet.  Not that I mind Mod approval for new sign-ups, it keeps things tight. 

On 8/22/2022 at 10:35 AM, Upallnight said:

Yup, all of the above but vintage turntables are my main interest! :cheers:   Cut down to 6 tables during lockdowns but have added a couple since then. 

I put up a PGM post for the X-23 with pictures, though I don't know if it has been Mod approved yet.  Not that I mind Mod approval for new sign-ups, it keeps things tight. 

Like Technics 1200s? Damn good decks those. Used to own a set, and started collecting vinyl. But what was said to me was true, if you're collecting vinyl, you've got to focus on it, you can have other mistresses. And I like my action figures and comics. So it was a strained relationship from the start. Plus the ex never approved. So they got sold after about a year, sadly. I still regret that. 

Anyway, welcome to the boards. Nice pick-up on the NYX #3!