• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

Hey Gregory, welcome to the boards! :hi: It's a shame that you just moved back and I'm getting ready to move out? Where did you move back from?

Where are you moving out to? I moved from Calgary, Alberta there. My original hometown was in Burnaby. Now I live close by.

PM me if you got time before .... too late? :o

Hi my name is David,and I have been collecting for quite awhile.I have a big collection,and a lot of heart.So please be nice to my noobness.Sometimes I say stupid sh :censored: t,but surely a mod will slap my wrist every now and again.I'm not too fond of pasta,and symbiotes gives me hives.I hope one day I can be a productive part of this fine society.

:foryou:

Hey Gregory, welcome to the boards! :hi: It's a shame that you just moved back and I'm getting ready to move out? Where did you move back from?

Where are you moving out to? I moved from Calgary, Alberta there. My original hometown was in Burnaby. Now I live close by.

PM me if you got time before .... too late? :o

Ha! I live on the North Shore, worked in Burnaby but I am heading back to Alberta! Calgary or the Edmonton area depending on the job offer! (thumbs u

I'm Arthur from the Philippines.

I started collecting local comics when I was 7 or 8. Funny Komiks was my favorite in grade school

Back in 1980 or 1981 I found locally-printed US comics in popular bookstores that printed their own versions.

Alemar's Book Store reprinted Archies while their less distinguished rival National Book Store reprinted super heroes by Marvel and DC mostly from 1975-76. My early favorites among them were Avengers and Daredevil.

In 1983 I started to collect the originals. I've collected X-Men the longest but quit. Don't know if I'd resume.

Mostly an artist-driven collector, I enjoy the works of Frank Miller, Art Adams, Jim Lee, Jae Lee, Carlos Pacheco and most recently, Frank Cho.

My favorite character is Rogue.

The price to collect is getting prohibitive but I do buy when I find them cheap.

Hi my name is David,and I have been collecting for quite awhile.I have a big collection,and a lot of heart.So please be nice to my noobness.Sometimes I say stupid sh :censored: t,but surely a mod will slap my wrist every now and again.I'm not too fond of pasta,and symbiotes gives me hives.I hope one day I can be a productive part of this fine society.

I have a feeling about you. Someday, with that attitude you may win the coveted Forumite of the Year award. Just don't let it get to your head. A guy won the award, then a few months later got a bunch of strikes. It was like watching Linsday Lohan fall from grace all over again.

Hey, I've actually been on the boards for a few months but this thread didn't exist so its nice to officially say hi!

So, my impression of the Boards so far is that comic book folks are some of the nicest ppl you can find! Of course there are exceptions.

I've learned a lot about graded books, original art, what people collect, trends and a bunch of other stuff.

I think my favorite part is seeing what other ppl collect and the really cool golden age books that are still floating around. I can honestly say I don't have the knowledge or money to get into buying golden age keys so I stick to variants, ltd editions, HTF books and I collect a Couple ongoings (superman unchained, cap amer.) Oh, and hunting for books missing from collections!

Anyway iI'm glad I found this site and I'm looking forward to meeting many like minded ppl to learn from.

Gunnz =)

I think I signed up for the board many years ago and posted here and there. But I just started reading/posting with more frequency the past couple of weeks.

I collect romance comics, Silver Age and up from Marvel and DCs (FF, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Flash, JLA, Atom, Titans, "cosmic stuff"), as well as a smattering of other odds and ends.

I have a nice collection of 1950s romance original art, as well.

I had a pretty decent collection of Quality and Fawcett hero books, but I sold most around 5 years ago to pay down debt before my son was born. (I think there is no better value in Golden Age books based on quality of story/art than early Quality Comics... You can get early Hit/Crack/Smash/etc for a fraction the cost of DCs and Timelys... But I digress...)

I tend to collect lower grades, because I'd rather have quantity of comics over quality of grade.

I've also started selling more on eBay, where I've focused mostly on Copper and Modern, with a smattering of Silver and Gold.

Hello Gunz and RCheli, always nice to meet fellow new board members.

So I'm Ray, I signed up a few years ago and haven't posted with that much frequency until recently when I really got back into collecting after returning to the states from contracting overseas (finally some proper comic book stores!)

I'm from Austin, Texas and I'm particular towards Marvel and Image comics, and focus on collecting Signature Series.

I just moved to Tampa, FL and I'm looking forward to going to my first comic con in March - MegaCon in Orlando!

I've met quite a few helpful and kind people on here, and I love this site!

Hello Gunz and RCheli, always nice to meet fellow new board members.

So I'm Ray, I signed up a few years ago and haven't posted with that much frequency until recently when I really got back into collecting after returning to the states from contracting overseas (finally some proper comic book stores!)

I'm from Austin, Texas and I'm particular towards Marvel and Image comics, and focus on collecting Signature Series.

I just moved to Tampa, FL and I'm looking forward to going to my first comic con in March - MegaCon in Orlando!

I've met quite a few helpful and kind people on here, and I love this site!

Hey Ray, I have always wanted to go to Texas. Smoking hot cheerleaders!!!!

The CGC books I collect are mostly SS and I have a few that are graded and I'm hoping to get a couple signed and regraded at fan expo this year (I'm from Canada)

Do you collect any ongoings? I'm a marvel fan myself but I've always been a superman fan. The unchained series is really good so far. What are your best finds? Fav books?

I have a feeling about you. Someday, with that attitude you may win the coveted Forumite of the Year award. Just don't let it get to your head. A guy won the award, then a few months later got a bunch of strikes. It was like watching Linsday Lohan fall from grace all over again.

Bwahahahahahahaha! :roflmao:

You slay me.