• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

Is this a raffle in the strict definition, draw name 'A' and they get prize '1' ?

Sorry for all the questions. I still need a little time OWOTO to decide if I can donate, but I want to.

:)

-slym

names are picked out of a hat to determine order (last to first, so the last name remaining in the hat is the 1st pick, last year the name drawing was posted on Youtube).

then the #1 picker gets to pick from the raffle items, which ever one they want, then pick #2 gets to pick from the remaining... its fun to watch and see if the "one you're hoping for" makes it to your pick. People have donated OA, slabs, raws, reader collections, mugs, toys, mystery boxes (very popular), certificates...all sorts of stuff

any parameters for the Raffle...only comics or also comic related.

What and when is the Holiday raffle? People will be donating comic related prizes that will be given away after the Holiday is over in a blind drawing.(more details about that will be in another thread.) Everyone who participates in the Gift Exchange is automatically entered, regardless if they donate an item for the raffle. If you don't join in with the gift exchange, but would still like to join in with the raffle, just donate a prize to the raffle and you'll be entered. Not participating in the gift exchange? Not donating a prize for the raffle? That's fine, just understand that you won't be entered in the raffle. Last point in regards to the raffle, and I want everyone to be clear with this: not everyone entered in the raffle is going to win a prize. It is a raffle, for Pete's sake.

What if I never receive my gift? There will be people who will be assigned as a back up Santa.. everyone who signs up will get a gift..sooner or later.

Who is eligible to participate? You are eligible if you registered for the CGC boards before November 1st, 2012, provided that you are a member in good standing with the community, i.e., not on the CGC Board Marketplace Probation List.

The rules are simple, but need to be followed to make sure everyone who signs up gets a present by Christmas. If you sign up, please follow through.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Gift Guardian

From page 1... where I see it also answered a question I asked a few posts ago.

:blush::D (thumbs u

-slym

Is this a raffle in the strict definition, draw name 'A' and they get prize '1' ?

Sorry for all the questions. I still need a little time OWOTO to decide if I can donate, but I want to.

:)

-slym

names are picked out of a hat to determine order (last to first, so the last name remaining in the hat is the 1st pick, last year the name drawing was posted on Youtube).

then the #1 picker gets to pick from the raffle items, which ever one they want, then pick #2 gets to pick from the remaining... its fun to watch and see if the "one you're hoping for" makes it to your pick. People have donated OA, slabs, raws, reader collections, mugs, toys, mystery boxes (very popular), certificates...all sorts of stuff

I don't remember the last name drawn getting first choice. Typically, it would be first name drawn gets first choice, 2nd name drawn gets second choice. I'm sure it'll all be clear when Gift_Guardian starts the raffle thread. (thumbs u

So, is anyone else hella into the secret santa thing? Obviously I hope I get something cool, but man it's awesome to be able to buy something for someone that I actually have an interest in. I'm picking up the stuff for my guy on Black Friday.

So, is anyone else hella into the secret santa thing? Obviously I hope I get something cool, but man it's awesome to be able to buy something for someone that I actually have an interest in. I'm picking up the stuff for my guy on Black Friday.

Not at 12:01 am I hope

Oh man.... I totally missed the sign up. First time in I don't even know how long. Ah well...

You may even have a chance to get in the gift exchange. PM GiftGuardian_nyc to see if that's possible. (thumbs u