• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Wolverine 1…..Unread

10 posts in this topic

Hi all I’m slowly (very slowly) learning this grading malarkey, thanks to all your previous help with my Silver Age issues.

Now I’m progressing to the much higher grades and would like your opinions on the 3 Wolverine books that I will be posting.

All are unread (as are the whole 189…go figure) and so should be very high grade. Needless to say High Gloss, White Pages etc.

Your opinions on what prevent these from being at least 9.6 or 9.8 (or is this wishful thinking) would be very much appreciated. (thumbs u

Wolverine1front_zps73516e3b.jpg

Wolverine1back_zpsc7d410b1.jpg

Front Cover: Colour chip on the LLHC and just above this there appears to be some spine stress (three distinct stresses) there are two more visible (barely) stresses further up on the spine. No colour breaks.

Back Cover: Numerous visible spine stresses, impact damage on the top of the book on the RHS.

IMHO 9.2 (thumbs u

I'd like to know what makes you think your books are "unread" . . . hm

Nice book, btw. FC is a 9.8, but the BC has noticeable ncb-bends and dirt, which as others have stated will net you a 9.2 - 9.4.

I'd like to know what makes you think your books are "unread" . . . hm

Simple……….I started collecting comics in the early 70’s….stopped reading them in the 80’s…….but carried on collecting……….go figure ;)