• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
19 19

2,869 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2021 at 10:23 PM, The_Investor said:

Hi Folks, the newly updated 2022 CANADIAN PRICE VARIANT GUIDE is out. Some new features were added this year (ex., top 20 Canadian Price Variant magazines, etc...)

https://www.cpvpriceguide.com/

awesome! I have a bat's 357 cgc 9.6 cpv

I see it gives the price of a 9.2. I wouldn't have thought my 9.6 would be worth that much more than what the 9.2 shows. I see a 9.8, according to the link, sold for close to $2000 lol 

I suppose auction isn't the way to go, and marvel counter parts seem so much more sought after. Still if ever I parted $1000 might be decent, since I got it for $215!

It wasn't labeled correctly when I purchased, and I had it reholdered :) 

On 12/14/2021 at 9:03 PM, Microchip said:

A shame about the spine crease.. I only just noticed it now doh!

Still  a beautiful 9.6, presents great! Settling for an 8.5 myself after an 8.0 #1 sub, I think its awesome.

Really is a nic looking book :cheers:

On 12/15/2021 at 2:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Still  a beautiful 9.6, presents great! Settling for an 8.5 myself after an 8.0 #1 sub, I think its awesome.

Really is a nic looking book :cheers:

I love the CPV's Wolverine Limited series, and have them from 9.0 up, but I have a lot of stunning 9.6's... the not so poorer cousin to the 9.8's.   This black cover is way to unforgiving on all faults.

On 2/28/2021 at 12:07 PM, ramrod44 said:

Couple of Miller Daredevil CPV's going to CGC soon for a squish & grade. I'm hoping for 9.6's. :wishluck: I'll post after picks.

DD233rawCPV.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&f

DD229rawCPV.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&f

Well, it took almost a year but here they are, as promised:

Daredevil_229cgc9.8.jpeg

Daredevil_233cgc9.6.jpeg

When I sent them in I thought the #233 was a 9.6 but had a decent shot at 9.8 and figured the #229 would grade 9.4 or 9.6 at best. 

Overall tho, I'm extremely pleased with the grading results. :yeehaw:

However, the CGC snapper heads once again overlooked the fact that both of these books are Canadian Price Variants. doh!    :pullhair: 

They even missed the Australian Price Variant Fantastic Four #347 that was in the same submission.

FF_347cgc8.0APV.jpeg 

I declared in the notes on the submission form that they were CPV's & APV and even sent them an e-mail after they were listed on the web site. No reply. Quality Control continues to be very disappointing. :facepalm:

On 11/6/2013 at 7:38 AM, timfinz said:

Here is an oldie but a goodie Canadian Price Variant that I have had for some time. It is the oldest price variant that I have in my collection. Can we see some more please?

http://i.imgur.com/WeS71Wk.jpg

My bad! This is not a price variant it is just a Canadian Edition. :o

Here is my oldest, in US and Canadian versions.

VP1 Can US.jpg

On 1/10/2022 at 8:46 PM, ramrod44 said:

I declared in the notes on the submission form that they were CPV's & APV and even sent them an e-mail after they were listed on the web site. No reply. Quality Control continues to be very disappointing. :facepalm:

Yeah, it is bad right now. Even when you call in because the books are not entered right when they finally populate the list of books for grading, they still do not change it. 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:35 AM, kimik said:

Yeah, it is bad right now. Even when you call in because the books are not entered right when they finally populate the list of books for grading, they still do not change it. 

I was told that you can't just enter it as a CPV without changing the country first.

Once I changed the CPV to Canada, I can just select the Canadian Price Variant selection under the variant part.  At least that was with the old system.  

Now, they show up as an option once you type in the title and number so in theory, there should not be any missed designations.

I've not had any notes missed since I did it their way. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:53 PM, greggy said:

I was told that you can't just enter it as a CPV without changing the country first.

Once I changed the CPV to Canada, I can just select the Canadian Price Variant selection under the variant part.  At least that was with the old system.  

Now, they show up as an option once you type in the title and number so in theory, there should not be any missed designations.

I've not had any notes missed since I did it their way. 

I did that my last two submissions, and still had some books labelled as CPVs and others not. That was after calling twice to request corrections on one submission after the books were listed in the system.........

On 1/12/2022 at 12:59 PM, kimik said:

I did that my last two submissions, and still had some books labelled as CPVs and others not. That was after calling twice to request corrections on one submission after the books were listed in the system.........

They like me better