• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,873 posts in this topic

They offered to fix the order via "Mechanical error".

My question remains - Do books with "Canadian Price" on the label fetch more value than having it not listed on the label
Although it's free to fix the error, I wonder if it's even worth my time to resend it back in.

Thoughts?

On 3/29/2022 at 5:37 PM, majikmarkerz said:

My question remains - Do books with "Canadian Price" on the label fetch more value than having it not listed on the label
Although it's free to fix the error, I wonder if it's even worth my time to resend it back in.

Thoughts?

Well you know what they say

"Buy the label, not the book"

On 3/29/2022 at 6:37 PM, majikmarkerz said:

Thoughts?

A clearly and more important, a correctly labeled slab, is always important. It's only free as a mechanical error to the original submitter most of the time. So if it wasnt correct, people wouldnt want to buy, if it is going to cost them extra to reholder and pay. (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/29/2022 at 7:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

A clearly and more important, a correctly labeled slab, is always important. It's only free as a mechanical error to the original submitter most of the time. So if it wasnt correct, people wouldnt want to buy, if it is going to cost them extra to reholder and pay. (thumbsu

I have 3 that were not labelled correctly from 2019 even though I filled out the submission form correctly.  Based on my experience the past few years and especially since 2020 Q/C at CGC is non-existent so I simply will not take the chance.  To me the risk of them coming back to be damaged and with lower grade is not worth the "reward'. 

I got these for $40 each at the first day of the 2019 NYCC, the next day I submitted them in person at Modern Economy level. Had them all back a month later.  Hard to believe the "good ol' days" was a mere 2.5 years ago.

Crisis_1b_Canadian_Newsstand.thumb.jpg.b6dbe38d702f7e98b84fab063b4b49cd.jpgCrisis_1_Canadian_Newsstand.thumb.jpg.e56fc096e16339f1d474db8b24b4daa0.jpg

Supergirl_1_Canadian_Newsstand.thumb.jpg.4bb1e45433ac5aed8ec781fbb227cc16.jpg

302090374_GhostRider_81_Canadian_Newsstand.thumb.jpg.797643632477cb4d1d0683dbaa4e7451.jpg

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/15/2022 at 8:42 PM, MAR1979 said:

I have 3 that were not labelled correctly from 2019 even though I filled out the submission form correctly.  Based on my experience the past few years and especially since 2020 Q/C at CGC is non-existent so  I simply take the chance.  To me the risk of them coming back to be damaged and with lower grade is not worth the "reward'. 

You have to contact them right away upon receiving the books back. I had a recent submission where half of the CDN newsstand variants were not labelled as such even though they were all noted on the submission form. CGC turned them around within four weeks with the proper labels. Just contact them and note the mechanical error. They were great in quickly rectifying the situation for me.

On 7/15/2022 at 3:00 AM, ramrod44 said:

Hello all,

I'm sitting here trying to process my good fortune. :bigsmile: I just won (with an accepted best offer) a G.I. Joe #26 in 9.8 from one of the comic retailers on eBay

According to GPA, I bought it for the lowest price paid (less than $400) since May 2020. That's over 2 years and 22 sales. :yeehaw:

Oh, and those figures are for the Direct version of this book. Which this comic definitely IS NOT! :ohnoez:

GIJoe_26cgc9.8CPV.jpeg 

I would like to thank CGC and the eBay retailer for both missing the fact that this a Canadian Price Variant. :takeit:

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did (15 hours) considering the last recorded sale of this issue in 9.8 CPV was for 2K in May 2021. :whatthe:

:whee: ........Yes,...babe yes,......... :whee:

:headbang:Love it!

On 7/29/2022 at 10:25 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Was gonna be my reader....but what kinda scratch we talking about? hm

Joe 21.. this will be your scanning copy, ain't no reading :cheers:

The last 2.0 copy sold for $250!!... ok, that was an outlier.   Things don't heat up until you hit 6.0 or better.