• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,872 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2023 at 3:20 PM, davidpg said:

by that point Warlord wasn't reallt a big seller

Was it ever? Still, that's only halfway through the series, not like it was dying at that point.

But the shocking thing about your post is the other comic. How did Katy as a Real Doll get past the code!? :whatthe:lol

On 1/29/2023 at 7:04 AM, davidpg said:

Hit the Montreal mini Comiccon this morning to do some bin diving.  Seeing as I'm smack dab in the middle of CPV territory, I searched well and found a nice group of high grade CPVs.  All grade above 9.2 and could all climb quite a bit higher.  And just maybe I'll go after a CPV run of higher grade DC Comics Presents since I'm halfway there already.

cpvs.jpeg

Displaying the give-away prices you paid for the books only makes it worse for the rest of us.   :kidaround::tonofbricks:

On 1/28/2023 at 11:23 PM, Microchip said:

Displaying the give-away prices you paid for the books only makes it worse for the rest of us.   :kidaround::tonofbricks:

Sorry...? ;)

I left a TON of mid and lower grade books behind.  Shows that CPVs exist absolutely in general quantity.  In grade, that's another thing.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:23 PM, Microchip said:

Oh, and the Tales of GL Corps Annual 2 I got for 50% off and a friends' discount on top...so I paid $20 for it.  Also got a little bulk deal on the rest of the books from an aquaintance as well ;)

On 1/29/2023 at 1:00 AM, davidpg said:

Sorry...? ;)

I left a TON of mid and lower grade books behind.  Shows that CPVs exist absolutely in general quantity.  In grade, that's another thing.

Yeah, CPVs are actually quite common, just not in uber high grade anymore. Those collections have been picked fairly clean. In the 00s it was easy to find 9.4+ CPVs even at your LCSs.

On 1/30/2023 at 12:59 PM, kimik said:

Yeah, CPVs are actually quite common, just not in uber high grade anymore. Those collections have been picked fairly clean. In the 00s it was easy to find 9.4+ CPVs even at your LCSs.

Well at least searching them out gives me something to do at cons now.  I used to hunt down the Quebec French Editions Héritageof all the key books and now dealers are asking insane amounts for them.  The equalent ASM 129 on sale at $250, IH 180 at $400...there were a number of high prices for them.  I have a bunch I found a decade ago...might be time to start selling ;)

On 1/30/2023 at 4:14 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I was pining about losing my childhood copy of the 180/181 reprint from Heritage, and a fellow boardie hooked me up with a copy.  This is where I read the 1st Wolvy as a kid :smile:

CCA2A89E-341F-4691-B546-30274EA98D1F.thumb.jpeg.8f47ceef19f1a669689e5b01db6147bf.jpegE03456A1-CEC4-4006-B4EB-F3DFE5FD572A.jpeg.09b8ce508f79f508c7d25d352a0f0e23.jpeg

Those color ones are cool, though the real first appearances were in the floppies!  Incroyable Hulk 39 and 41 had identical covers as the regular Marvel issues, 181 had this dumb cover (this is a copy I sold last year, I have one copy left!):

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 10.10.43 AM.jpeg

Edited by davidpg