• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
19 19

2,869 posts in this topic

Oh so very cool to see the whole set! (worship)

Gotta remember that the CDN $ fell close to $.69 American back in the late 80's and early 90's. And then to almost $.60 in early 2002.

Historical data shows that from the time of the first issue to the second issue of this series the dollar tumbled falling almost .05 against the American greenback in just one month. That most likely explains the changeover on the .60 cover price to the then .75 Canadian cover price. :o

Really cool set of books though! (thumbs u

I saw today what maybe a Canadian copy of Fantastic Four annual 5. The back cover and inside cover was blank white with no ads. And there are no ads inside the book and in their place are pin up pictures. Are these common like the U.K pence silver age books ?

I saw today what maybe a Canadian copy of Fantastic Four annual 5. The back cover and inside cover was blank white with no ads. And there are no ads inside the book and in their place are pin up pictures. Are these common like the U.K pence silver age books ?

I believe that all the SA Marvel Annuals, up to what year I am not certain,were printed like that in Canada.I know my ASM Annual1,FF Annuals 1,2,and three are as you described,as well as my Marvel Tales1 and Marvel Superheroes 1.As for scarcity,I am not sure.Being in Canada I thought it was the norm until I recieved a second "American" copy of ASM Annual 1.I will double check,but I believe there is a Canadian ed.of Daredevil King Size 1 too.Back now..seems my Strange Tales Annual1 is like described above as well.Did not now about that one!

Jimmers

UK Pence copies are printed in the USA and have exactly the same content as the Cents issues :makepoint: