• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASBURY PARK COMICON - APRIL 12 & 13, 2014 (Asbury Park, NJ)

35 posts in this topic

Doing research for the New York Comic Fest in June 2014 (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7150585#Post7150585), I noticed that this group also hosts the Asbury Park Comicon in NJ.

Never been to this event but I do hear good things about it. This year's guests include:

- Chris Claremont

- Cliff Chang

- JH Williams II

- Don McGregor

- Tim Truman

Here's the current guestlist: http://www.asburyparkcomicon.com/guests

that guest list is smokin', IMO. But I will believe mark Schultz is going when I see him there. (I have gone an hour or two in the past for no shows.)

How often does he do this? I know of at least three shows he is suppose to attend this year and want to get an SS book. Should I get a facilitator set up at all 3?

Todd Klein and John Workman are both going to be there. Where's Ken Bruzenak? Then they would have all 3 of my favorite letterers at one convention. Gonna get some more of Todd's prints I hope...the wife loves them (which is a sign of good taste obviously) .

Robbie's Comics is setting up. I'm doing a clearance sale on my regular silver and bronze Marvel/DC stock. I've recently acquired a lot of new inventory so I want to move a lot of silver and bronze. I will have over 2000 books.

20% off any purchase. 30% off everything if you buy 5 books or more. 40% off everything if you buy 10 books or more. If you've seen my inventory you know there are a ton of deals to be had.

I'll also have about 2000 fresh to market silver and bronze books. These won't be discounted since this is the first time they will be at a show. A lot of nice high grade keys as well.

See ya there!

Could anybody confirm whether Don Simpson will be appearing this weekend? I believe he was listed in the Guests page, but no longer see him.

He was listed. I have a book there for him and Denis Kitchen. :wishluck: