• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASBURY PARK COMICON - APRIL 12 & 13, 2014 (Asbury Park, NJ)

35 posts in this topic

Could anybody confirm whether Don Simpson will be appearing this weekend? I believe he was listed in the Guests page, but no longer see him.

He was listed. I have a book there for him and Denis Kitchen. :wishluck:

Megaton Man NOICE CHOICE, SAME BOOK IM GETTING DONE

The closer the show gets the lower my expectations are getting. I think I will have a nice afternoon with my daughter and not have much expectations for acquiring things. I am going to bring some art I own from 3 or 4 of the attending artists and ask them to talk about it with my daughter listening (the artistic one). I will also bring a huge 1940 L'il Abner strip and see if Denis Kitchen, who co-wrote the Al Capp biography that was a large factor in inspiring me to purchase the piece, wants to talk about it and give me some opinions about how much actual Capp is in it.

In the old days this would be a $1K-$2K convention with that artist line-up, but I am spending cash on published pieces now and not con sketches so much anymore. Still, if I can get JHW3 todraw one for me, it would be a DREAM! hahahahaha I kill me.

Ugg, just got home. Skipped the show. Went a little late with my daughter to avoid lines but no such luck, the line was around the block and barely moving when we arrived and was no better by 11:30 (show started at 10 am). We waited in a field in the sun and she asked to go home eventually. one line, prepaid or not. It made a big apple show look like the height of efficiency. The workers apologized the minute I started asking questions but apathy about fixing things was rampant.

How was it inside. I know the place they had it at since i live near and it didnt seem big enough for a comic convention with all the guest and people.

But they have come along way since i went to the first one in a bowling alley. The good thing about the bowling alley was they had a Bar in it.

I would recommend going, the set up was pretty decent once you got past that ridiculous line to get in. I got a lot of good books there, and I think I bought stuff from RobbieC that posted above. I was the jersey guy that bought a cap 117 and avengers 57 among others from you

Glad others had the same thoughts about the line, I was worried I was getting to be an old fogey.

5ive, why not go? It looks like people had fun. I was really bummed about missing it, and almost went back in the afternoon (50 minute drive each way tells you how crazy I am, but I wanted totalk to Denis Kitchen about Al Capp and JHW3 about a commission we agreed upon almost 10 years ago (he is not a deadbeat though, we both understood it was not getting done quickly - it was a tentative plan I still hope comes to fruition). Maybe wait and go a bit late or go REAL early. If I did not have to do travel soccer in North Jersey I would try again (without my kid though).

Unfortunately I also had Travel baseball tomorrow or i would go.

I cant stand lines and it has nothing to do with me being in my 40's now. Been like that since I was younger. if i see a line thats longer then 10 minutes i just come back. My wife and son always go to Six Flags Great Adventure without me. Cant stand waiting on lines.