• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales # 110

12 posts in this topic

I was able to attain this book raw locally. It looks VF+ to me I just don't know how the chip in the top middle will hit the grade. A few spine ticks, nice supple OW pages and bright colors.

scan0005_zps11b01b1b.jpg

scan0006_zps42ec306d.jpg

Thanks and sorry for the one size photobucket pics.

The scans are great! Thanks! I'm leaning towards 6.5 for your copy. I think the size of the chip out of the top front cover is the tipping point for me that keeps it from grading higher IMHO! Great book regardless! (thumbs u

The scans are great! Thanks! I'm leaning towards 6.5 for your copy. I think the size of the chip out of the top front cover is the tipping point for me that keeps it from grading higher IMHO! Great book regardless! (thumbs u

Here are my reasons for my 6.5 score:

Front Cover:

- numerous spine creases including colour breaking creases

- the obvious missing piece at the top along with small creases

- top LHC is abraded, top RHC is chipped

- RHS edge is fairly clean

- bottom RHC is impacted and creased, bottom LHC is slightly blunted

- there is a crease in the 'R' in Strange

- there is impact damage near the bottom of the word bubble from Torch and three more in the flame around the area near his legs

- the creases in Human Torch are production flaws and are common on this copy in the same general area

- I am assuming the line on the lower far right side of front cover is scanner related

Back Cover:

- numerous spine creases

- top RHC is abraded (see top LHC front)

- bottom LHC is chipped, bottom RHC is blunted

- appears to be minor impact damage along most of the lower back cover

:(