• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men #266

13 posts in this topic

Sourced my OO copy out of curiosity. Out of the bag (no board) which contained it for over twenty years, it was sandwiched between #265 and #267 and quite nice.

Above all I’m surprised by the sharp corners, given it wasn’t boarded. Well, after all I used to pick my own ones from a number of copies (remember that I am in Italy and got those by import).

No visible spine ticks, very, very minor creasing in a few points (on the BC only), I was thinking in the NM range but unsure…

High resolution pictures provided below each image.

0490p7ih.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0490p7i.jpg

6IyHfeah.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6IyHfea.jpg

Nice crisp corners! I see three very tiny spine stresses (no colour breaks) Poor bindery cut of interior pages on the front cover TRHC. Back cover you have an abraded TRHC and some small bindery tears starting in the LRHC and going across the bottom of the cover. I think you've got a 9.6 on your hands Claudio! (thumbs u None of the defects are overly obtrusive and the spine stresses are almost non-existent. Nice copy!

Thanks – I have to specify the pages showing are not due to poor bindery cut, I just placed the comic badly on the scanner and so it got a bit "fanned", but they do not show: it is perfectly cut.

Yes, I love the crisp corners. Amazing how a good deal of my collection did not suffer from the lack of backing boards: they were well stacked in the boxes. :D

9.6, but I can't see any issues that would keep it from a 9.8. The black along the spine typically show any type of spine tick, but I don't see anything. Nice book!

Soft bottom spine corner, and looks like the TRHC of the back cover has a little fold/bend that, to me, would be enough to keep it out of 9.8

-slym

9.6, but I can't see any issues that would keep it from a 9.8. The black along the spine typically show any type of spine tick, but I don't see anything. Nice book!

Soft bottom spine corner, and looks like the TRHC of the back cover has a little fold/bend that, to me, would be enough to keep it out of 9.8

-slym

(thumbs u

-slym

Really depends on the day you get this graded at CGC. I've seen some pretty ugly 9.8s lately...