• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Xmen #4

11 posts in this topic

Wow! I'm thinking at least 7.0. It is very difficult to tell from the pictures as they are grainy and out of focus. And that is assuming the back cover is similar. (thumbs u

Would it help if l took a few more pics and also the back. I'll do that just now and if you can give me a more accurate grade with the back taken into consideration l would appreciate it.

I originally thought it would be 6.0, as l had a look at similar cgc copies in auction but l'm not an expert.

If any experienced graders would have a look and give us a grade, would be grateful .

Cheers,

Wong

Hi,

I took more pics of the front and back. Please see what you think of the grade now.

http://s928.photobucket.com/user/weaponlord8/story/29239

I've had this copy for just over 8 years and never noticed black discolouring.

If you look at the back, just directly above the guy's head there is 2 places with apparent black smudges or discolouring of some sort. Not sure how to describe that.

On the left hand side of the guy's face, there are also wavy lines of yellow smudges.

Also, can anyone tell if this copy has been professionally pressed or not.

Regards,

Wong

Yeah, the back brings it down a bit. I also just noticed the color loss by quicksilver's head in looking over it again. Still probably a 6.5 or so.

Based on the additional pictures I am in agreement with Tim!

+1 (thumbs u

Does not looked pressed to me. If it were the corner wouldn't be folded over. Unless the person who pressed it wasn't very good. Also there are some dings and scrunches that would have been removed. That said I'm not sure a press would bump the grade that much. Most of what's bringing down the grade is color breaking ticks and color rubs and discoloration which wouldn't be affected by a press.