• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alien Worlds #4

9 posts in this topic

Highly recommended!!

It has an amazing space/girl cover by Dave Stevens, and interior stories with art by Dave Stevens, Bo Hampton, Ken Steacy, Jeff Jones, and Al Williamson! hail.gif

I don't have a scan, but here are a couple of auctions that are on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=77&item=2276787840&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3979&item=2276818420&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Highly recommended!!

It has an amazing space/girl cover by Dave Stevens, and interior stories with art by Dave Stevens, Bo Hampton, Ken Steacy, Jeff Jones, and Al Williamson! hail.gif

I don't have a scan...

Here you go: 582439-aw4.jpg

This is one of those books that is so good that it amazes me that you can still find it in 50 cent bins. Even at guide price it's an amazing bargain IMO.

This is one of those books that is so good that it amazes me that you can still find it in 50 cent bins. Even at guide price it's an amazing bargain IMO.

Darn tootin'! Eclipse and Pacific both put out some great books in the '80's. Stories and artwork equally great. Others that come to mind are:

Alien Encounters

Tales of Terror

Twisted Tales

John Bolton's Halls of Horror

Berni Wrightson: Master of the Macabre

Most with stories by Bruce Jones. Great books! thumbsup2.gif

wow, time is moving fast. If you keep talking up these "common" books any more, Im gonna have to go down and mylar up these suckers Ive been storing for 20 years!! Bought plenty of multiples back then of these hot new titles from the new publishers on the block. And of course I wasnt alone, thats why they sit in 50 cent bins. There was a lot of excitement back then and a lot of great work and comics.

But if history repeats itself again........ look out.

Just hope theyre not 8.0s by now from lack of love over the years...

What a great title! When I was a teen and aspiring to be a letter hack, I was fortunate enough to get a letter printed in this. Wait! Or was it Alien Encounters?! Oh [#@$%!!!]. now I gotta go dig through my boxes and find out. Too many malted hops in the intervening years... crazy.gif