• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LUKE CAGE HERO FOR HIRE #1

14 posts in this topic

3.5...CGC will murder the book due to the water stain.

Not always. I recall an early Archie with a much bigger stain on the front that got a 5.0 - not that I agreed with it, but it's not the only one. I think they may have been tougher in the early days than they are now.

The book looks like a 4.5 to me.

I believe there is a small tear then a crease in the same line from the right edge. That may bring it down to 6.0 or 6.5.

With that water stain (I dunno if CGC would murder that) it would bring it down to somewhere between 4.5 to 5.0.

I have several books as evidence...here's one...see the small water stain on the TLC?

7686476344_a08afe6522_b.jpg

I believe there is a small tear then a crease in the same line from the right edge. That may bring it down to 6.0 or 6.5.

With that water stain (I dunno if CGC would murder that) it would bring it down to somewhere between 4.5 to 5.0.

I have several books as evidence...here's one...see the small water stain on the TLC?

7686476344_a08afe6522_b.jpg

Murdered. With that said, I think the JIM would grade higher if submitted today.

I'll go 4.0 on the Hero For Hire.