• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

$192 for a 12-page advertisement. I am officially jealous that I don't have at least one of these things to sell anymore.

I need to get off my and send in mine along with the #1's. hm

Man, no kidding! You gotta get 'em back while the iron is hot!

$192 for a 12-page advertisement. I am officially jealous that I don't have at least one of these things to sell anymore.

I need to get off my and send in mine along with the #1's. hm

Man, no kidding! You gotta get 'em back while the iron is hot!

Fortunately selling comics my way doesn't require me to jump. This body ain't made for jumping and I would have been broke a long time ago. :ohnoez:

lol

You scare easily.

I've become bitter and jaded with eBay.

Don't be!! I'm still lurking about ebay everyday trying to find deals! I just always email the sellers and see if they could do a slightly better price OFF of ebay. ;)

Just don't offer to take the item off of ebay and get a paypal invoice....

lol

You scare easily.

Don't be!! I'm still lurking about ebay everyday trying to find deals! I just always email the sellers and see if they could do a slightly better price OFF of ebay. ;)

Why not?

lol

You scare easily.

Why not?

It's against the ebay rules...risking the sellers status and the buyers...

Ebay fees are high, but we agree to them...I enjoy my 'top rated seller status'...

Jimmy Linguiniii recently hooked me up with this, I didn't realize how thin these things were 'til I had it in hand. I think a single sheet of loose leaf paper is thicker than the whole Preview.

11326884814_4d0e949e43_c.jpg

Told ya . . . :grin:

Jimmy Linguiniii recently hooked me up with this, I didn't realize how thin these things were 'til I had it in hand. I think a single sheet of loose leaf paper is thicker than the whole Preview.

11326884814_4d0e949e43_c.jpg

I don't think a lot of people do. I recall when they came out - I know some people put them in the back of the bag with their Preacher #1 regular editions, but the majority of the people I knew and/or dealt with threw them out or gave them away.

Preacher #1 was ultra hot in 1996 and I can tell you that back then - no one cared about the preview - no one thought it was anything other than a flyer to promote sales for the book. I bought and sold at least 3 dozen Preacher #1s back then (I was getting $40-$50 for it, which was big bucks in the 90s) - there was no attention given to the preview, and I remember tossing them in the garbage when they came in (when people sold their back issues). They were basically regarded as similar to that comic-sized DC flyer that came with Diamond/Capital City orders.

It seems like ambitious sellers are capitalizing on the fact that "not many of them are around" and making it seem like this is the true "1st appearance". And for a small minority of collectors, it's working. I just want to get my hands on one so I can resell it!

Yep, you did! (thumbs u

It seems like ambitious sellers are capitalizing on the fact that "not many of them are around" and making it seem like this is the true "1st appearance".

I also have a #1, and I agree with you that it should be considered the true "first comic appearance." Seeing the Preview up close I can't help but think it's just a flimsy ad that just happens to be in the shape of a comic book. (shrug)

Yep, you did! (thumbs u

It seems like ambitious sellers are capitalizing on the fact that "not many of them are around" and making it seem like this is the true "1st appearance".

I also have a #1, and I agree with you that it should be considered the true "first comic appearance." Seeing the Preview up close I can't help but think it's just a flimsy ad that just happens to be in the shape of a comic book. (shrug)

Yeah - none of those descriptions say that it's only a few pages of the story. They don't talk about it at all - because illuminating what it really is is not going to help their sales.

This topic has come up a lot lately (it's a really old argument) - and I am still pretty vehement in railing against considering Previews or any other non-continuity appearances as "true 1st appearances".

Advertisements are not first appearances. I know that the guy hanging onto $10k in Gobbeldeygook comics will probably scream and yell and oppose it - but while there is no standard definition, it's pretty obvious that fictional characters appearing outside their continuity for the sake of promoting sales on their book is not really an "appearance" at all. It's a promotional advertisement.

Yep, you did! (thumbs u

Yeah - none of those descriptions say that it's only a few pages of the story. They don't talk about it at all - because illuminating what it really is is not going to help their sales.

This topic has come up a lot lately (it's a really old argument) - and I am still pretty vehement in railing against considering Previews or any other non-continuity appearances as "true 1st appearances".

Advertisements are not first appearances. I know that the guy hanging onto $10k in Gobbeldeygook comics will probably scream and yell and oppose it - but while there is no standard definition, it's pretty obvious that fictional characters appearing outside their continuity is not really an "appearance" at all.

:sumo: So speaketh the Balls :sumo: