• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - CAPTAIN AMERICA 109

12 posts in this topic

picked up today, book is beautiful, lies flat, white pages the works, except for the tape on the corners

how would CGC grade this? the tape looks old so I think the owner put it there to avoid the book getting damaged at the corners. Also in the red lettering on the cover, it looks like a small tape pull on one of the letters but the red is intact

comic70_zpsc05db8a2.jpeg

comic71_zps053b2c99.jpeg

Nice book as most of your books are! There does appear to be a small tear and wrinkle damage in the Marvel box near the Captain's right leg! :grin: One question regarding the first 'A' in America on the front cover where you mentioned the tape pull. Has the area in question been colour touched with red ink? That's how it appears on my computer screen? :o

If there is colour touch then I would have to say 7.0 PLOD :sick:

If there is no colour touch then I would have to say 4.0 Blue Label :(

Yeah, I could see this getting a 5.0 or even a 5.5. Are those tears at the staples on the back cover?

I recently submitted a book with unnecessary tape to CGC and though I don't have the grade yet, they have given it a "Qualified" according to the online summary of my order.

As someone else has said, tough to grade.

Nice book as most of your books are! There does appear to be a small tear and wrinkle damage in the Marvel box near the Captain's right leg! :grin: One question regarding the first 'A' in America on the front cover where you mentioned the tape pull. Has the area in question been colour touched with red ink? That's how it appears on my computer screen? :o

If there is colour touch then I would have to say 7.0 PLOD :sick:

If there is no colour touch then I would have to say 4.0 Blue Label :(

I need to check, I hadn't thought about it.

Such a shame as the book looks great. Didn't pay much, may just sell it and keep on looking