• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - SUPERMAN 18

9 posts in this topic

don't have this book in hand, but wanted to get an idea what the grade might be. seller is offering it to me as part of a trade. i have a grade in mind, but need a bit of help confirming it

Superman18inplasticsleeve001_zpsca3fd5a9.jpgSuperman18bc_zps1123748f.jpg

It's nice looking. If you don't have it in hand, can you ask if that is a split at the top, if so, how big it is...and if it's been restapled at the bottom staple? Also is the cover attached at the top staple?

With that kind of book, if I don't see it in person, I really hope to see a digital picture of the staples at the centerfold. That staple looks a little too short and a little too shiny to me...:shrug:

that staple does look a bit odd, but it would help to see it in hand. do you know the seller? if you know him and he's reputable, then I would not be too concerned if a refund is due.

the top staple area looks a bit funny to me also. ask him for a shot of the staples at the centerfold and one with the cover open to see what the fold on the first wrap looks like, just to make sure there is no glue anywhere.

just an opinion :foryou:

I've sold several books to him but don't know him person or face to face. He's interested in a book I purchased, but the value isn't there it seems and since I'm a bit naive when it comes to GA books I'm probably going to pass.

He wants to do a straight up trade on a ASM129 9.2 that I'm getting from a board member and I just don't see a fair trade here. Furthermore if there are questions from the outset (the way the book looks just from pictures) then it's probably not going to be good. too risky.

Thanks for your input.

that staple does look a bit odd, but it would help to see it in hand. do you know the seller? if you know him and he's reputable, then I would not be too concerned if a refund is due.

the top staple area looks a bit funny to me also. ask him for a shot of the staples at the centerfold and one with the cover open to see what the fold on the first wrap looks like, just to make sure there is no glue anywhere.

just an opinion :foryou:

Ditto. Those staples look a bit too shiny, but it could be the scanner. Fantastic looking book though.