• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
2 2

53 posts in this topic

Hmm...

Well, check the inside cover to the first print of #2... I thought it mentioned a second print of #1 at "double" the number of the first print (i.e. 6,000).... or perhaps I'm getting alzheimer's... laugh.gif

If you have a first print #2 lying around though, give it a check. I sold mine.

Hmm...

Well, check the inside cover to the first print of #2... I thought it mentioned a second print of #1 at "double" the number of the first print (i.e. 6,000).... or perhaps I'm getting alzheimer's... laugh.gif

If you have a first print #2 lying around though, give it a check. I sold mine.

I'll have to look around for my copy! I don't remember reading that but you may be correct. smile.gif

The Overstreet indicates the TMNT#3 variant had a print run of 500 and the comic books were distributed in NYC.

Does anyone know where/how they were distributed in NYC (i.e.- in stores, giveaways, at a comic book convention, etc.)???? confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

The Overstreet indicates the TMNT#3 variant had a print run of 500 and the comic books were distributed in NYC.

Does anyone know where/how they were distributed in NYC (i.e.- in stores, giveaways, at a comic book convention, etc.)???? confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I think they were given out at a promotional event that Eastman and Laird were at in NYC. I've been looking for one of these for years smile.gif. If anybody has a pic of it, please post it. Thanks! - Keith

I think they were given out at a promotional event that Eastman and Laird were at in NYC. I've been looking for one of these for years smile.gif. If anybody has a pic of it, please post it. Thanks! - Keith

I recall that Keith is correct and they were given out at a promo event. Basically, they grabbed 500 or so of the books fresh from the printer for the event. They didn't like the coloring, so had the printer fix the problem for the main print run, leaving only the 500 they had for the event as the variant.

I recall that Keith is correct and they were given out at a promo event. Basically, they grabbed 500 or so of the books fresh from the printer for the event. They didn't like the coloring, so had the printer fix the problem for the main print run, leaving only the 500 they had for the event as the variant.

So if I understand you correctly, the variants were distributed prior to the rest of the #3's ...?? What is the fair market value for these variants?

Edited by comichut