• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
2 2

53 posts in this topic

Hello turtle fans. I'm super happy to be here, an actual online turtle forum to explore! Lots of turtles stories! Anyway, I am hoping people can help me maybe? I have a raw copy of TMNT volume 4 issue #29 signed by Peter Laird 2008 with a head sketch in new/unread condition. I asked Peter if he would sign it for me and he did. It has been stored in a comic bag since received from Mirage in 2008. Apparently in all the years I have had it it has become highly sought after? Can anyone confirm if it has become a big ticket and does anyone know what this could be priced at if I do sell and where can I sell it? I have read too many horror stories from eBay sellers to consider eBay. Any help would be welcome, thank you from a total turtle novice!

thumbnail_IMG_3467.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3466.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3465.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3464.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3463.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3462.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3461.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3460.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3459.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3458.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3457.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3456.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3454.jpg

1 hour ago, sorrenmj said:

Hello turtle fans. I'm super happy to be here, an actual online turtle forum to explore! Lots of turtles stories! Anyway, I am hoping people can help me maybe? I have a raw copy of TMNT volume 4 issue #29 signed by Peter Laird 2008 with a head sketch in new/unread condition. I asked Peter if he would sign it for me and he did. It has been stored in a comic bag since received from Mirage in 2008. Apparently in all the years I have had it it has become highly sought after? Can anyone confirm if it has become a big ticket and does anyone know what this could be priced at if I do sell and where can I sell it? I have read too many horror stories from eBay sellers to consider eBay. Any help would be welcome, thank you from a total turtle novice!

thumbnail_IMG_3467.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3466.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3465.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3464.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3463.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3462.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3461.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3460.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3459.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3458.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3457.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3456.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3454.jpg

Can you post some more pics? :)

Also, NICE thread resurrection, and WTTB! 

1 minute ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Can you post some more pics? :)

Also, NICE thread resurrection, and WTTB! 

Hi there! These are all the photos I have on my phone currently. Happy to take more pics but what more picture should I take?

1 minute ago, sorrenmj said:

Hi there! These are all the photos I have on my phone currently. Happy to take more pics but what more picture should I take?

Kidding lol

I guess you could post some of the book on vacation, at a baseball game, theme park etc if you really wanted. 

Just now, Real Elijah Snow said:

Kidding lol

I guess you could post some of the book on vacation, at a baseball game, theme park etc if you really wanted. 

Haha I guess I went overboard I was just wanting to capture it's condition. Is it true that #29 has become in demand?

11 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Haha I guess I went overboard I was just wanting to capture it's condition. Is it true that #29 has become in demand?

That one and I believe a couple of others had a really small amount made. That may have been one that was only 1000...can't remember atm.

Someone who knows better please feel free to correct me. 

By and large though Turtles books have gone nuclear since covid, so anything limited/early etc is in pretty big demand. 

Cool book! 

1 minute ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

That one and I believe a couple of others had a really small amount made. That may have been one that was only 1000...can't remember atm.

By and large though Turtles books have gone nuclear since covid, so anything limited/early etc is in pretty big demand. 

Cool book! 

I knew this Turtles comics obsession was a recent thing, so since Covid you say?! That's good to have confirmed. I asked a question on Quora recently asking why have the prices of TMNT comic books sky rocketed of late? In 2005 I was able to buy first prints, second prints, misprints, variants for a few dollars. Now it is not achievable, unless you're rich! People are buying TMNT comics like people buy stocks!

1 minute ago, sorrenmj said:

I knew this Turtles comics obsession was a recent thing, so since Covid you say?! That's good to have confirmed. I asked a question on Quora recently asking why have the prices of TMNT comic books sky rocketed of late? In 2005 I was able to buy first prints, second prints, misprints, variants for a few dollars. Now it is not achievable, unless you're rich! People are buying TMNT comics like people buy stocks!

I think re TMNT vol 4 issues 29-31 were limited to 1,000 copies and #32 (which was printed out of sequence) was 3,000 maybe? It seems people want #29 most?

3 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

I think re TMNT vol 4 issues 29-31 were limited to 1,000 copies and #32 (which was printed out of sequence) was 3,000 maybe? It seems people want #29 most?

I'm currently selling an issue of Raphael 1st print in average condition on eBay with a starting price of 200.00, and has people watching. I have seen it go for way more. Am I underselling it or is this a fair price? It ends tomorrow. I attach a photos for reference? I'm a complete novice, so any feedback greatly received thanks.

thumbnail_IMG_3329.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3328.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3326.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3325.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3324.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3323.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3321.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3320.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3319.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3318.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3317.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3316.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3315.jpg

1 hour ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Cool book! 

I just realised it is against the rules for me to mention auctions.I hope I don't get a strike for it. Thanks for your feedback today.