• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Incredible Hulk #4

24 posts in this topic

That one's a scratch. Also the line near the bottom right corner on Hulk's arm is a scratch.

Is it not a bindery wrinkle? It was a fairly common bindery defect on this book from what I can tell and it would not effect the grade. Check out some of the CGC graded copies from HA:

IH #4 CGC 4.0

IH #4 CGC 5.0

IH #4 CGC 6.5

Well you know, that's very instructive, Tim. I had to break out the magnifying glass but I guess it is a bindery defect. I have plenty others with bindery defects and they have a "folded over" look -- if there's an official term for that I don't know it -- and this one looks different, more like a scratch, but it's almost identical to the 4.0 one you put up! (And on the others too, crawling up the side.) I believe you're saying that in general small bindery defects don't affect the grade (I assume within reason, as some of them can be pretty serious and sometimes come in multiples). That would be nice!

Back at'cha with this one --> (worship)

Well you know, that's very instructive, Tim. I had to break out the magnifying glass but I guess it is a bindery defect. I have plenty others with bindery defects and they have a "folded over" look -- if there's an official term for that I don't know it -- and this one looks different, more like a scratch, but it's almost identical to the 4.0 one you put up! (And on the others too, crawling up the side.) I believe you're saying that in general small bindery defects don't affect the grade (I assume within reason, as some of them can be pretty serious and sometimes come in multiples). That would be nice!

Back at'cha with this one --> (worship)

Hi Roger, I believe the term used to describe the defect is a "bindery crease" and it occurs in high grade copies not just the lower grade copies. Here are links to some higher grade Hulk #4 for example that have that same "bindery crease":

Hulk #4 CGC 9.2

Hulk #4 CGC 9.4

In my opinion I think you will get a higher grade than you might think! Keep posting your books Roger! It's a real pleasure to look at and be able to give you opinions!