• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Black Panther #1

12 posts in this topic

Not sure about this one -- any help would be much appreciated.

Also...the red splotches on the back are barely visible in-hand: could be from the next cover in the run on the press, or maybe bleed through from the inside back cover ad?

bp1-a.jpg

bp1-b.jpg

Staples have a little wear. printers creases, blunted top corner, wrinkle on the back cover. no higher than a 9.2 and the color transfer could be a drop in grade because of the appearance.

Just for information purposes please find a link below for a 9.8 CGC certified Black Panther #1 complete with printer creases and what you might be referring to as "colour transfer".

Black Panther CGC 9.8

Not all defects are considered "grade dropping" (thumbs u

PS Be sure to check out the large size scans!

Staples have a little wear. printers creases, blunted top corner, wrinkle on the back cover. no higher than a 9.2 and the color transfer could be a drop in grade because of the appearance.

Just for information purposes please find a link below for a 9.8 CGC certified Black Panther #1 complete with printer creases and what you might be referring to as "colour transfer".

Black Panther CGC 9.8

Yeah I have a bronze 9.4 book with ink and printer creases

too which is why I guessed the 9.4. Good to know the sky is the limit!

Black Panther CGC 9.8

Yeah I have a bronze 9.4 book with ink and printer creases

too which is why I guessed the 9.4. Good to know the sky is the limit!

Yeah I guess the sky is the limit when it comes to actual grade, but then it really comes down to an individuals preference and whether or not they are okay with the creases. On another note I guess that is what Comic Verification Authority (CVA) is all about. They would probably consider a CGC 9.8 with creases not to be at the top of it's tier! (shrug)

Hey, thanks all. I bought it as a 9.4, which I think is in the ballpark. What doesn't show up well in the scans is how glossy it is...very, very bright in-hand, and the interior paper is exceptionally nice.

It’s definitely bleed through from the inside back cover ad, nothing to worry about, although when it happens to the front cover it might be annoying.

Definitely a nice looking copy which appears in the NM range, although I personally dislike the white miswraps. (shrug)

If the inside printing quality (and paper quality) is nice, however, it’s an all-win, as late 1970s books are often printed very bad.