• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales 170 & 172

9 posts in this topic

STRANGE TALES #170

Several very minor spine stresses. Slight issue with the TLHC front cover. I believe the TRHC and BRHC are both just turned down slightly. Very minor bump on the BLHC.

The back cover is showing minor wear. The spine corners both show the same issues as on the front cover. There are very minor spine stresses present here too!

Over all I'm thinking 9.4

gaspump.gif

STRANGE TALES #172

Minor spine tics are visible. The slightest of bindery defect on the TLHC. I believe both RH corners are just turned down (same as ST 170). BLHC is slightly blunted.

Back cover shows little wear. Spine stresses are almost invisible. Bottom RHC shows what may be a minute bindery tear. TLHC appears to be turned down.

Over all this is a very nice book. 9.4 IMHO

mocantina.gif

I forgot to add, 172 front lower right corner, hairline crease that's easy to miss. Evidence of it is visible in the green section of the lower right corner, below the cultist's sandal towards that black blob.

I noticed a slight variation in the colour on that spot but I didn't think it was a crease. Does it break colour? hm

Almost. That white arc you see in the area I describe is where the crease almost/kinda breaks the color. I guess that's a stress line.

I'm thinking this is one of those defects where you need the book in hand to be able to determine what is really going on!

smiley-signs093.gif